What do you eat that is low-cal but fills you up?

Options

Replies

• jennylea16
    jennylea16 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
  • Conniekui
    Conniekui Posts: 24
    Options
    An avocado. Also eggs for breakfast keep me full until lunch.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    8AM – 2/3 cup FiberOne cereal (60) 2/3 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk (20) – 80 calories
    10AM – 6oz Kroger CarbMaster Yogurt – 60 calories
    12 noon – 2 slices 40 cal bread (80) and 1 ounce turkey (or ham) (30) condiments or veggies to equal up to – 150 calories
    2 pm - veggies or fruit as much as you can get for -100 calories Depending on what you pick this could be a good bit of food
    4pm – Lite Cheese Stick 50 calories
    6pm – (2 grilled chicken Caesar Wraps) 2 light FlatOut wraps (180), 6 oz grilled chicken breast (210), half a bag of Dole Lite Caesar Kit (135) – 515 calories
    8pm – ½ PINT! Arctic Zero vanilla icecream (75) Walden Farms Caramel Sauce (0 I don’t know how they do it) ½ a FiberOne brownie (crumbled up on top) (45) – 115 calories

That is a 1070 day with dessert so I would typically add a 100 calorie bag of popcorn to a ziplock bag in the morning and use it as a grab snack during the day. I know the nutrition natzis won’t like that I do desert instead of more healthy items for my 8pm snack but it made the limited calories so much more doable.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    - stop trying to lose 40 lbs in 14 weeks. No wonder you're hungry.
    - eat at a deficit to lose 1 lb per week - this will give you enough calories to not feel starved.
    - protein and fats will keep you feeling full for longer - eat them. Fill up the rest of the plate with veg.

^
    This sounds like really good advice if it's based on your diary, as hard as it is to hear.
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, carrots, popcorn, boiled cabbage.

Oh, and pickles!
  • jessvaughn74
    jessvaughn74 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    To give you an idea of a typical day for me...yesterday's diary entries:

Breakfast 7AM - Slim Fast shake mixed with unsweetened vanilla almond milk = 140 calories

Mid Morning Snack - 9:30 AM - Kroger CARBmaster yogurt ( I LOVE this stuff!) and small banana = 150 calories

Lunch NOON - Homemade chicken salad (using plain non fat greek yogurt) stuffed into 8 grain pocket bread and a spinach/spring mix salad with carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, sliced almonds, crispy jalepenos and light marie's blue cheese = 342 calories

Afternoon snack 3:30PM - Sliced apples = 65 calories

Dinner 7PM - Chicken stir fry with brown rice and same salad as lunch = 571 calories

Evening Snack 9:30PM = 90 calorie fiber one bar (the chocolate peanut butter are good!) = 90 calories

Total for day = 1268 calories

Other snacks I throw in sometimes are pickles (no calories!)...reduced fat string cheese...sargento ultra thin cheese slices (only 45 calories).

Feel free to add me or stalk my diary...its always open :)
  • canadianbugga
    canadianbugga Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, celery, spinach, cucumbers, cabbage, green pepper, cauliflower, broccoli, egg whites, cottage cheese, chicken breast and on occasion sugar free jello.
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoes will feel you up real fast. For lunch I like to make one with some ground turkey shredded lettuce and salsa on top. Saw this on the biggest loser it is very delicious
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Celery with Tzaziki dip, I get a mini dip from coles, and with 150g celery sticks it's about 80 calories.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I swear by Skinny B cereal (by a brand called Holy Crap, haha), mixed into fat free Greek yogurt with a teaspoon of honey.. It's basically just hemp hearts, chia seeds, and buckwheat, it is organic, GMO free, gluten free, lactose free, vegan (although I eat it with yogurt so I'm clearly no vegan), tasty, and really filling. I love it.
  • jeep1lover
    jeep1lover Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fresh lean meat. FRESH not processed. Egg whites as a sandwich or an omelet( two whites and one whole egg) choice of veggies and small amount of cheese. Cook chicken ahead of time and use it for tacos and salads. Fish is great. Lean protein will keep you going and suppress your appetite. Greek yogurt is also a good choice.
  • sac4fd
    sac4fd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Eating oatmeal for breakfast helps me feel full. Others for me iinclude eggs, chicken, spaghetti squash, and protein shakes
  • ilikeshoes
    ilikeshoes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots, cucmber sticks, capsicum sices with hummus or salsa to dip.
    Omelettes are good too.
    I make muffins substituting protein powder, rolled oats and LSA for flour. Those are pretty good lunchbox snacks.
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Honestly, try drinking water whenever you feel hungry. sometimes it helps more than you would think. I also blend low calorie high water content fruit in the blender with some protein powder like watermelon.

Otherwise if you don't like protein powder I would have some cottage cheese, or rice and tuna.
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Depends on what low carb is to you. I sometimes eat two eggs sunny side up on multigrain english muffin, spring mix salad and a slice of avacado. Totals to about 31g of carb for the meal.
  • Mayanbound
    Options
    For a snack - Texas Caviar. I cup equals 100 calories
    you can pick it up at costco or make your own, try allreceipes
  • LeoQuin
    LeoQuin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    5 slices of 35 cal bread and a huge cup of h2o
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    Anything that is high in protein will usually get me through till the next meal.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Strawberries. One large strawberry (think large enough to be a deluxe Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry from Godiva) is 10 calories and takes a few bites to eat. I bought 3 lbs of the larger strawberries from a farmer's market stand near my work and ate about 8 of them today... and it was 80 calories. :love:

Another plus for them is the sweetness, because it's helping me kick my sugar cravings. I tend to munch on crap when my blood sugar drops, and this is SO HELPING.
  • 13tea
    13tea Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi, I eat Greek yogurt with 1 tbl of Chia seeds plus 1 orange or grapes with 16 ounces of water for lunch. That usually holds me. The Chia triples it's size in liquids, is high in fiber, protein and antioxidents with only 50 calories. If I bring a small cup of applesauce instead of the other fruit I put the chia in it just to change it up.