can i add up my calories and average out over the week?

Options
2»

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am! I've always focused more on weekly average than daily intake. It allowed me to reach my goal and enjoy my weekends. Try it out :)
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I do that all the time.
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    worked for me :)
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I go by my weekly average. works for me, too
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    My dietitian told me that as long as at the end of the week my "average" was between my target intake (which is 1500-1700) then i am good to go! So yes, that means that if you ate less on one day and more on others, as long as your average is at your target you're good to go!!

FYI, ive lost 15 lbs of body fat and gained 7 lbs of muscle in 4 weeks for an average of 7lbs lost doing my diet this way (along with zumba, strength training and yoga)!!

Sorry but I'm pretty sure you can't gain 7 lbs of muscle in 4 weeks, especially if you are eating in a deficit. I'm not sure even a male body builder eating over maintenence could do that.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    My dietitian told me that as long as at the end of the week my "average" was between my target intake (which is 1500-1700) then i am good to go! So yes, that means that if you ate less on one day and more on others, as long as your average is at your target you're good to go!!

FYI, ive lost 15 lbs of body fat and gained 7 lbs of muscle in 4 weeks for an average of 7lbs lost doing my diet this way (along with zumba, strength training and yoga)!!

Sorry but I'm pretty sure you can't gain 7 lbs of muscle in 4 weeks, especially if you are eating in a deficit. I'm not sure even a male body builder eating over maintenence could do that.
    Gaining 7 lbs in a month would = out to *about* 5-6 lbs of fat and 1-2 lbs of muscle ;-) Unless there where illegal substances involved.