Whey Protein

Options
2»

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Almost every morning I have a cinamon and raisin bagel with peanut butter. Toast the bagel, spread on some peanut butter, and then eat it in the car on my way to drop the kids off to school. Head from school into work. I know it isn't the best in the world, being a rather simple carb, but with the protein and fat from the peanut butter it holds me over really well until lunch about 3.5 hours later. And it is very easy and tasty.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Honestly, a home-made whey protein shake beats the precanned crap any day and probably beats other breakfast choices such as sugary cereals and other suched highly processed things. I personally make my shakes with skim milk and fresh fruit (berries, banana), maybe a little spinach, and the occasional kefir. I tend to have a shake post workout on lift days and at times when I just don't feel like actually eating. Getting some of my calories from liquids rather than solids doesn't bother me at all, especially not when I know it's healthy.

Just keep in mind that whey protein is a supplement and shouldn't be your main protein delivery system. That's what actual food is for. :smile: