Can't spot reduce fat...

Options
I'm at a weight and size that I'm content with (...I'm wearing a 2/4), the only issue is that I'm not happy with the current physique of my stomach. I still have a decent amount of actual stomach fat and I really just want to tone it.

I'm guessing since you can't spot reduce fat that the only way to fix it is to continue to lose weight and hope it comes off of my stomach and that my abs shine through?

Replies

• Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Your only option is to keep working to reduce your overall body fat levels.

Short of liposuction, nothing gives you control over where the fat comes off.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I don't think doing actual abdominal exercises could hurt. My gut looks infinitely better within days of doing varied crunches, despite having a decent layer of fat on it. Stronger muscles seem to pull it in and make it look nicer. Muscles show through. All good.
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation. I'm getting pretty lean (around 15% body fat) but still have flab around my lower abs and "love handles". I want them gone. If I could distribute that fat around the rest of my body, I'd be fine with it... but I don't like how it looks where it is. So I'm heading down to 12% body fat for Summer and see how that works! :)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Posture can have a significant effect on the appearance of the stomach area.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same place. I'd like to drop a few more pounds, but I'm happy at my size. I'm lifting heavy 3 times a week and running, all at a deficit 9some days it's pretty small, but it's there), and hoping to maintain muscle and lose fat. The scale isn't moving too much, but I do notice a bit of a difference from Christmas. (When I gained from 117 to about 130, only a bit of that muscle!)
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong, and I dont have science to back it up, but I would think that if your stomach is where you store most of the fat and not, say your legs, that it would come off of your stomach if you burned fat. KWIM?