Replies

• elucke
    elucke Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • abadmum
    abadmum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi... I love chicken and this recipe is a really nice alternative to the normal roast dinner.. and the chicken doesn't dry out!

http://abadmum.wordpress.com/2013/02/17/whole-roast-masala-chicken
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to my recipe for Crispy Chicken Tenders. They are good on they're own, or in a salad or wrap!

http://ahealthiermeahealthieryou.blogspot.ca/2013/03/crispy-chicken-tenders.html

Let me know how yours turn out!

Hey this link isn't working, would love this recipe, thansk!
  • dkward11
    dkward11 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Check out www.skinnytaste.com , and http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/ Wonderful chicken recipes. I use her site almost daily! :)
  • Scarlett_Belle
    Scarlett_Belle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    This "sesame chicken" is from my WW days, its still so good!

Sautee small pieces of chicken breast in a bit of oil/spray & garlic. Make a sauce out of 1tbsp honey, 1tbsp soy sauce, some sesame seeds, ginger, and chili sauce. Pour the sauce over the chciken and heat it for like a minute, serve over jasmine rice.
  • ShannonS2714
    ShannonS2714 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Two of my favorites!!!

Herb & Kefir Grilled Chicken

3 lb of boneless chicken breast
    3/4 cup of Kefir milk
    2 tbsp Dijon mustard
    2 garlic cloves minced
    2 tsp each dried oregano, basil, thyme & rosemary
    1/4 tsp celtic sea salt & pepper
    Directions

In a large bowl, combine Kefir milk (in lieu of buttermilk in original recipe), mustard, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Add chicken, turning pieces to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours (or up to 24 hrs), turning chicken occasionally.

Place chicken on greased grill over medium heat; grill, turning occasionally, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced or use a food thermometer to ensure chicken reaches 165F.

Honey Lime Grilled Chicken

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
    1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes), plus the zest of both limes
    2 Tablespoons honey
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
    2 pounds of chicken (I used boneless skin-on breasts, but use whatever suits you)

In a large zip top plastic bag combine all of the ingredients except the chicken. Seal bag completely and mix well. Add chicken to bag, turn to coat and reseal. Place in refrigerator overnight.

Heat grill (either outdoor grill, or indoor grill pan) to medium high. Grill chicken for approximately 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. If you're using fairly thin chicken breasts, cut time down.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Damn, i was gonna say George foreman grill + mrs dash. ..
  • butterfly3703
    Options
    Grill in olive oil and Mediterranean seasoning, then stuff or top with sauted
    Red onion
    sundried tomatoes
    Fresh spinach
    Tiny bit of bacon and feta for flavor
    YUM!
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Chicken pesto... literally chicken and pesto. Bake it. MMMMMmmm

One baking dish: Chicken, veggies, spices, and cut red potatoes... bake at 400 til chicken is done (depends on how many breasts you use). Also delish!

Crockpot: chicken, black beans, salsa, canned corn, onions, jalapenos (other mexian fixin's??)... Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hrs... serve with rice OR over baked sweet potato
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Made this one the other day for the first time, my whole family loved it.

Lighter Chicken Parmesan
    from America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Kitchen

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 8 oz each)
    1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
    3 large egg whites
    1 tablespoon water
    2 cups tomato sauce, warmed (store-bought or homemade (see recipe below))
    3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil

Place the chicken on a cutting board. Working with one breast at a time, place your hand on top and use a sharp knife to cut the breast in half horizontally, to make two thinner chicken cutlets. (Don't worry if they're not perfectly even, mine never are!) Place each cutlet between two sheets of plastic wrap and use a meat mallet or skillet to pound to 1/4-inch thickness.

Preheat oven to 475 F. Set a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet and spray the rack with cooking spray. Set aside.

Add the panko and oil to a 12-inch skillet, and stirring frequently, toast the breadcrumbs until they are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer the breadcrumbs to a wide, shallow dish and allow to cool briefly, then add the Parmesan and stir. In a second shallow dish, mix the flour and garlic powder. Finally, add the egg whites and water to a third dish, and beat with a fork until frothy.

Pat the chicken dry then season both sides with salt and pepper. One at a time, dip the cutlets in the flour, then the egg whites and the panko mixture. Press the panko onto the chicken to completely coat. Transfer the cutlets to the wire rack you sprayed earlier.

Spray the tops of the cutlets with cooking spray then bake for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken registers betwen 150 and 160 F on an instant read thermometer. Remove from the oven, and top each piece of chicken with 2 tablespoons each of sauce and mozzarella. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted and the chicken is cooked through (160-165 F), about 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with the basil before serving.

Serves 6
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    let those little babies go.... set them free..... and hope that one day a huge mutant chicken taht has grown to 7 feet doesnt track you down for gits and shiggles and try to ask his buddies how they might fix you for dinner...

just think about it...

oh,,, Im a vegan....just a suggestion...

you have a great..blessed day..and smile
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes

Lots of chicken recipes. Keto may not be your thing, but the recipes are good.
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Basil Chicken over Angel Hair
    Submitted By: Wendy MercadanteCubed chicken breast is simmered in a peppery tomato-basil sauce and tossed with fine strands of angel hair pasta.

Prep Time: 15 Minutes
    Cook Time: 20 Minutes
    Ready In: 35 Minutes
    Yields: 4 servings INGREDIENTS
    1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
    2 teaspoons olive oil
    1/2 cup finely chopped onion
    1 clove garlic, chopped
    2 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
    2 cups boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
    1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
    1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
    DIRECTIONS
    In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook angel hair pasta until it is al dente, about 8 to 10
    minutes. Drain, and set aside.
    In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onions and garlic. Stir in the
    tomatoes, chicken, basil, salt and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to medium, and cover skillet.
    Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot and tomatoes are soft.
    Toss sauce with hot cooked angel hair pasta to coat. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
  • webdevsoup
    webdevsoup Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Easiest crock pot White Chicken Chili recipe ever:

3 chicken breasts, cooked, chopped
    1 can black beans (I go for low sodium)
    1 can great white northern beans (I go for low sodium)
    1 container chicken stock (I go for low sodium)
    1 jar salsa (your choice)

Combine and heat through.
    Serve, adding sour cream, cheese, and crushed chips. That's it!!!
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    CHICKEN BOLOGNESE WITH RIGATONI

Serves 4 to 6

5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

2 pounds (1 kg) coarsely ground chicken

Salt

Freshly ground black pepper

1 medium white onion, trimmed and cut into small dice

2 medium carrots, trimmed, peeled, and cut into small dice

1 medium celery stalk, trimmed and cut into small dice

4 or 5 garlic cloves, minced

2 tablespoons tomato paste

1 1/2 cups (375 ml) dry white wine

2 1/2 pounds (1.25 kg) Roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped

3 cups (750 ml) good quality canned chicken broth, heated

Pinch minced fresh oregano leaves

Pinch minced fresh thyme leaves

6 or 7 fresh basil leaves, chopped

Pinch red pepper flakes

2 pounds rigatoni

Heat a 10- or 12-inch (25- or 30-cm) saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and, as soon as it is hot enough to swirl freely, add the ground chicken and saute until lightly browned, breaking up the pieces as they cook, 7 to 10 minutes. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and transfer to a colander to drain. Set aside.

In the same saute pan over medium heat, heat the remaining olive oil. Add the onion, carrots, and celery and saute only until they just start to color, 6 to 8 minutes, taking care not to let them brown. Add the garlic, stir in the tomato paste, and saute until well blended and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes more.

Add the wine and stir and scrape with a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan deposits; then continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until almost all the liquid has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes more. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes; then pour in the broth and reserved chicken, stir in the oregano and thyme, and season with a little more salt and pepper.

Simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 30 minutes. If the sauce has thickened too much or you prefer a thinner sauce, add a little more broth.

While the sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Check the suggested cooking time on the rigatoni package and, at the appropriate time to have the pasta done when the sauce is ready, add the rigatoni to the boiling water. Cook until al dente, tender but still slightly chewy.

Just before the pasta is done, stir the chopped basil and the red pepper flakes into the sauce. Taste and, if necessary, adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper.

As soon as the pasta is done, drain it and, while it is still dripping slightly, toss it with the sauce. Serve immediately.

Chef Wolfgang Puck's TV series, "Wolfgang Puck's Cooking Class," airs Sundays on the Food Network. Also, his latest cookbook, "Wolfgang Puck Makes It Easy," is now available in bookstores. Write Wolfgang Puck in care of Tribune Media Services Inc., 2225 Kenmore Ave., Suite 114, Buffalo, N.Y. 14207.

Copyright 2007 Tribune Media Services
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm weird in that I take a small-to-medium chicken, put it in a roasting pan, season with pepper, paprika and cayenne and roast at 325 until done...

Then eat entire chicken in two meals with a side of steamed broccoli.

Each meal approximately:

600 cals
    40g fat
    50g protein
    < 10g of carbohydrate.

Yum.

Sorry, not much of a recipe, I know, but delicious none-the-less.
  • kmcintosh12
    kmcintosh12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Some very yummy recipes here xx