Anyone brought MFP data to show doctor? If so, how/what?

Options
Hi - I have my annual physical in a few weeks, and I wanted to get some advice from my doctor about my weight loss bouncing up and down the same ~5lbs for the last few months despite having an average 500 calorie deficit. I know she will jump to say that generally I must be eating more than exercise, so I need to show some statistics to get her to see that I'm not over-reacting (or under-reporting - even if I were, it would mean I'm thousands of calories off in order to be gaining instead of losing). So, without printing reams of paper that she won't look at anyway, what do you suggest I bring? I have the BodyMedia armband monitor, so I can use data from that site too (if anyone is familiar with that).

Replies

• NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Depending on the time frame you're trying to talk to her about, maybe print out a couple of days from each month? That would give her a general idea of consistency and show you've stuck with it. You could also do a net calorie report over the past 90 days. I'm meeting with a dietitian next month and am planning on bringing my last weeks worth of food journals but I don't know that a doctor would be as interested in that specific information.
  • Lovlilyn
    Lovlilyn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks Navy. I would bring the net calorie, but I'm not sure I understand it myself!