adding recipes....help

sherrikay
sherrikay Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
:wink: I am new to this journaling site. I want to be able to add a recipe somewhere but was wondering if when I did, the nutrient/calorie ratios would show up...if so, where on this site can I add a recipe?? help would be ever so appreciated.

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    You can't add a "recipe" exactly. What you CAN do is pull values for each component and add them to a meal in your diary, then you can save that as a meal from your food diary. This is not quite the same a a recipe, which implies multiple servings. There are websites that have recipe calculators in them. Here is one: http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

I believe the Spark People website has one also.

EDIT: Once you have used the calculator, you can add the value of your recipe into the food database, and you can specify that it can be shared with other MFP users if you wish when you are adding it. The MFP database will calculate per serving values, based upon the number of servings you specify that the recipe will serve and automatically calculate correct values for any portion of a serving when you add the entry to your diary.
This discussion has been closed.