How do you avoid the temptation to snack?

Options
2»

Replies

• Talkeetna2020
    Options
    I DON'T!
  • rrb17
    rrb17 Posts: 2
    Options
    It has been proven medically that you should eat 5 to 6 times daily to lose weight easier. This means that aside of your 3 main meals ( breakfast, lunch, dinner) you should have one snack after breakfast, one after lunch and one after dinner.

For the snack after dinner you can only have one of the 3 choices:
    1. vegetable (like cucumber)
    2. Green tea (which would be ideal)
    3. Yogurt (which also has been proven to enhance weight loss when taken at night)

For the two other snack you could have one of the following:
    1. A fruit ( 1 apple=1 orange = 12 grapes = 7 strawberries = 1/3 manga = 8 slices of pineapple ...)
    2. A cup of popcorn light
    3. Any chocolate bar (less than 120 calories ) (3 times per week only)
    4. Frozen ice cream diet ( you can take up to 3)
    5. Diet Jello
    6. A cereal bar ( Special K, Fitness)
    or any of the night snacks mentioned above.

Of course, if you're in a low carb diet, you will have to remove some of these choices.

I have been dieting for like 8 years now on and off, so I kinda have experience with that field. Eat your snacks ! It will help boost your metabolism (and if you could add a little exercises too it would be perfect! )

Good luck.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    snack girl. Just make it a healthy snack and you'll be okay. I would die if I only ate three meals a day.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I snack. I try to have a bunch of healthy snacks ready for throughout the day.

If I want a snack sooner than I think I *should*, then I will drink a glass of water and wait half an hour. If I still feel hungry, I can have that snack.

How I've been avoiding crappy snacks - I pre-log them and then look at what that means I'll have left for the rest of the day. Usually seeing how much that cupcake/chocolate/whatever will reduce how much I can eat for dinner (or whatever) is enough for me to avoid it.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I just count calories so there is no such thing as "snacking" for me. If I feel like eating something between meals I usually do. Then I simply add it to my calories.
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Drink alot of water. Water will fill you up and reduce the urge to snack. It won't eliminate it, but it will help for sure.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    You don't. Yes, drink lots of water, but find a "go to snack" that's got a decent amount of fiber and/or protein.

I find myself getting hungry about every 3 hours. I have breakfast between 6:30-8:00 a.m., and know that at about 10:30, I'm going to get hungry. I'll have lunch around 11:30, and know that at about 3:00 I'm going to get hungry again. I'll have either a skinny cow ice cream something, or a chocolite protein/fiber bar (healthsmartfoods.com), or maybe even pretzels. Something that's around 100-120ish calories. I do try to make sure I drink a bottle of water with it too.
  • darlingyellow
    darlingyellow Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    All I do is snack.

All I do is win win win no matter what, got money on mind

ok

and if your snacking on clean foods..who cares?

LMAO. My hands are up...and they stay there.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I just plan out my day and make room for snacks in advance; I don't deny myself snacks at all. I really love a bit of asparagus mid day :D