Restart!!

Options
Hello, I am a 29 yr old mother to 2 boys (11 & 8), I have been a member here for several years but haven't been on the site or tried to even lose weight in the last 2 years.. This past year I've had some slight medical issues, eleveated BP, and have realized i am not getting any younger.. I'd love to be down at least 50lbs by this time next year!, but have more then that to lose! I have a very busy life with kids who play basketball, baseball, race dirtbikes, you name it! Looking for advice for doing this while havin a very active lifestyle, also looking for friends to help push me along the way, because lets be honest I will need to be pushed!! Looking forward to this journey in my life!!

Replies

• TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too joined a few years ago, but this is the first time I have gotten really serious about exercise and weight loss. I have been consistent for 30 days now and have lost 10 pounds! I work full time, go to school (on-line) more than full time, and I have 3 kids ages 13 - 17. I would advise that you make time for yourself. Even if it's while the boys are at practice or a game, just do laps around the outside of the field, or something. You can still be keeping an eye on them, but doing something for yourself as well. Even a 20 minute walk a few times a week can be a great starting off point. Be sure to track all of your food, good or bad, because it will make you look at food differently, and you will challenge yourself to make healthier choices. I'll send a friend request your way! Good luck on your new beginning!!!
  • Sjennings13
    Sjennings13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have for the last 2 weeks tried to step up my activity even if it is only walking 20 minutes a night, lastnight I did more while the boys practiced baseball!! Thanks for adding me looking forward to this journey!