CHICAGO!!!

jr1985
jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
I'll be heading to Chicago for a girls weekend in 2 weeks... what should I do while I'm there? I've already been to most of the museums and would like to try something a little different... what are some things you like to do/see while you are there? Open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!

Replies

• juditanne
    juditanne Posts: 59 Member
    signature lounge on top of the hancock building is always a favorite place of mine to take out of town guests.

chinatown.

lincoln park zoo... depending on the weather. hopefully it warms up a bit by then!

if you are into ghosts, there are amazing ghost tours to look into.

half acre tap room.

loads of things to do here! :)
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Try to make it to a Cubs game in Wrigley if you can. SO MUCH FUN!
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Go to groupon, you will find a lot of deals and Ideas. Helicopter rides, boat tours, pizza tours, bike tours.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Define different...Places to party, sights, tours, Cubs (like Justice mentioned), judith has some good ideas too. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.
  • laurenkoszola
    laurenkoszola Posts: 101 Member
    The haunted tour is pretty good!

You could do just a regular tour of chicago.

Sears Tower (of course!)

Edited: Go to a SOX game.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,046 Member
    A party weekend!! start it off in Wicker park (lots of bars) and make your way west on Milwaukee ave up to Logan Square (breweries, restaurants). ...that in itself should be an evening!:bigsmile:
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Definitely go to The Baton Lounge. Its a Drag Queen show and its a BLAST. Howl at the Moon is right around the corner from there thats fun too :) Have fun!
  • juditanne
    Kit Kat Lounge in boystown. You can make reservations and get a party table set. Dinner and two martinis!

Ed Debevics ALWAYS a good time if you like sassy servers.
  • juditanne
    I wonder if it will be nice enough to do an architectural boat ride tour. That is, by far, my most favorite thing to do. It takes off from Navy Pier. You would be able to kill two birds with one stone since you would already be at Navy Pier. :)
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Try to make it to a Cubs game in Wrigley if you can. SO MUCH FUN!

Yes, and drink it up in Wrigleyville...
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Go shopping on the magnificent mile...
  • EmGetsFit
    EmGetsFit Posts: 151 Member
    The Water Taxi is running now. Take that to Mich Ave or Chinatown from Ogilvie Station for a nice scenic ride. High tea at the fancy hotels is fun, Millennium Park is great for walking around, some bars along the River Walk are open now, go to Bucktown or River North for a plethora of good restaurants, go to Devon Ave or Korea Town for Asian cuisine, see a show in the Theatre District... message me if you want more info. And have a fun trip!!! :)
  • juditanne
    Your weekend is going to be action packed. Haha.
  • jr1985
    Go to groupon, you will find a lot of deals and Ideas. Helicopter rides, boat tours, pizza tours, bike tours.

I actually did find a lot of fun things on there! Thanks for.the tip
  • jr1985
    Define different...Places to party, sights, tours, Cubs (like Justice mentioned), judith has some good ideas too. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Sight-seeing and places to eat would be great. Thanks
  • jr1985
    The haunted tour is pretty good!

You could do just a regular tour of chicago.

Sears Tower (of course!)

Edited: Go to a SOX game.

John ghost tour sounds like a blast!
  • jr1985
    Definitely go to The Baton Lounge. Its a Drag Queen show and its a BLAST. Howl at the Moon is right around the corner from there thats fun too :) Have fun!

I've never been to a drag show before. Sounds like a lot of fun!
  • jr1985
    I wonder if it will be nice enough to do an architectural boat ride tour. That is, by far, my most favorite thing to do. It takes off from Navy Pier. You would be able to kill two birds with one stone since you would already be at Navy Pier. :)
    I actually saw a groupon for that! Sounds like fun!
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Downtown Chicago.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    If you want to see a great ballpark go to Wrigley...If you want to see a great team take in the Chi-sox!