Help?!?About fitbit

Options
Anyone know why when you sync the fitbit to here that your calories intakes go down? Shouldn't it go up? I'm confessed.about it.

Replies

• mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Anyone know why when you sync the fitbit to here that your calories intakes go down? Shouldn't it go up? I'm confessed.about it.

I believe there is a negative setting, check that and it should fix the problem.
  • mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much that worked!!!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Think carefully before you get rid of the negative setting as it will make you think you canneatbmore calories than you should. Look at the blue help link on the top of the page and look at how the link with MFP works. I'd leave it on and either adjust your activity level down on MFP or do more activity during the day.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

when you exceed MFP's estimated calorie burn (see your goals page) you get calories added, but if you are under the burn, you get calories deducted.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    This is from the help section:

Enabling a negative calorie adjustment from your integration with Fitbit, MIO, Striiv or BodyMedia will give you the most accurate information about your calorie expenditure for the day. A negative calorie adjustment indicates that you are using fewer calories on a given day than our original MyFitnessPal estimate.

The option for allowing negative calorie adjustments can be found by logging in to your account at http://www.myfitnesspal.com, then clicking My Home > Settings > Diary settings. Check the box for "Enable Negative Adjustments" then click "Save Changes." Your settings will take effect the next time data syncs from your device.

We recommend enabling negative adjustments if:
    - you expect to wear your tracking device consistently
    - you would like the most accurate calorie feedback MyFitnessPal can provide
    - your device is able to sync its data multiple times over the course of the day

We recommend leaving negative adjustments off, if:
    - you do not expect to wear your device consistently
    - your device can only sync occasionally, or only late in the day
    - you wish to use the device only for the motivational experience of earning additional calories
  • jaz050465
    Options
    This is generally about adjustments:

When the data reported by your Fitbit account shows that your daily calorie prediction from Fitbit and your estimated daily calories from your MyFitnessPal account are different, we'll adjust your net calorie goal accordingly. The "Fitbit Calorie Adjustment" represents the additional calories you have burned, above and beyond our original estimate. You may also see a negative adjustment if your activity level suggests you are less active than our MyFitnessPal estimate assumes. Details about the calculation of any adjustment can be viewed by clicking the small "i" next to the adjustment in your Exercise Diary (on the full website). Because the adjustment value is recalculated every time your Fitbit uploads new data, you should expect this value to change over the course of the day.

By default, MyFitnessPal will show you only positive calorie adjustments. To permit negative adjustments, log in to the full MyFitnessPal site at http://www.myfitnesspal.com and click "My Home" then "Settings" then "Diary Settings." Check the box for "Enable Negative Adjustments" then click "Save Changes."

If you are typically unable to sync your device until late in the day, you may wish to leave negative adjustments "off."
  • mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info. I will keep it on..