Hiiii from long lost Pink

Options
Oh my goodness just rediscovered myfitnesspal after months of being away - moved back from uk to Australia and tried my hand at weight watchers as my mum wanted me to come with her for support but I'm sooo not getting anywhere with weight watchers really and just prefer counting calories and the food diary on my fitness pal which provides other nutrition goals too! So I Kay wanted to say hi to all! I loooove the iPhone app too, it really is amazing!!
Looking forward to seeing ya all around again!
Xx
Pink

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    thumb_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-009.gif There you are! WELCOME BACK
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Pink!

Side note, weight watchers fits perfectly fine with MFP if you want to still help out your mum and continue on here. Although (without trying to sound like a food snob here) I much prefer using fresh ingredients to their pre-packaged stuff. Very high in preservatives that does who know's what to your body.
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hey Boss

Yeah some of the WW packaged food is absolutley too processed.
    The issue im trying to work out is how to marry the two ideas of the programs without getting too confused lol!!! As depending on the foods I eat there can be a big difference between my points allowance and MFP calorie allowance and then I become unsure of which one to follow.

so im at a crossroads and am going to try follow both plans, stick to more natural foods and see where we go from there

XX
    pINK
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Hey Boss

Yeah some of the WW packaged food is absolutley too processed.
    The issue im trying to work out is how to marry the two ideas of the programs without getting too confused lol!!! As depending on the foods I eat there can be a big difference between my points allowance and MFP calorie allowance and then I become unsure of which one to follow.

so im at a crossroads and am going to try follow both plans, stick to more natural foods and see where we go from there

XX
    pINK

Generally with WW, if you follow the points program, do that, then just use MFP to track nutrients, it's a bit of extra work though.
    WW is a very generalized program that doesn't target you specifically as much as it creates a formula by which MOST people will lose weight.
    They don't target individuals (unless it's changed drastically in the last couple of years). What this means is many people will be able to lose weight with weight watchers, but that type of loss usually tails off as you move closer towards better weight range as the program is designed to get you 80% of the way, but that last 20% is basically for you to do.

Whether that last bit of work be in just taking down the body fat % or actually dropping weight in general is a personal thing you'll need to work out on your own. I think they are hoping that by the time you reach that point, you know enough about your body and eating, and have learned enough good eating habits, that making the necessary changes to get you the rest of the way won't prove to difficult.