over on fat but the good kind

Options
So....I was just curious. Last week, I spoke with a personal trainer and she advised me to set my macros at 40/40/20. Obviously the 20 being fat. It's been really difficult staying within that range but I eat mostly healthy fats. The almonds and eggs alone can do it. I kick out the yolks after one egg because I know how high the fat content is. Even olive oil is high in fat but it's one of the healthiest oils out there. I can stay within my calorie range but always go over on fat. Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? My diary is open. Thanks all : )

Replies

• syntaxxor
    syntaxxor Posts: 86
    Options
    Your trainer wants you eating 20 of healthy fat. That macro isn't set with a limit for bad/good fat, it's just plain fat.

Olive oil is quite possibly the highest calories against size ratio in the entire list of things you could possibly eat. Which actually makes it quite dangerous for your diet. (What I mean is such a tiny amount has massive calories for how little it actually fills you, so be careful when using it, make sure to always measure it)

I'm not telling you to restrict what you eat, since we don't know your goals, but if you're trying to make your macros, ANY fat goes against that number.
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I thought about my goals after I posted. Currently, I am 130.6 (toggling between that and 129.6). My BF is 26.3 (according to fattofitradio) My BMI is 23 My TDEE is 2075 ( again.....according to fattofitradio) and my goal is a weight of 125 with a BF of 22 or 23. Apparently under 21 isn't healthy (I am not a body builder). I just want to be a little more cut and lean. Nothing crazy. I workout about 6 days a week. Zumba 2-3 and JM dvd's the rest of the time. Jogging when the weather permits is a fav. I don't lift heavy. I try to stay at a net of 1200 calories (so yes, I usually eat my exercise calories back).
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Lift! and eating fat (healthy) tells your body it's ok to let some fat go.
    Jillian Michaels isn't real weight training. it's great for a beginner, but it doesn't sound like you are.
    Make sure your weights are challenging. If you can do 12 reps/set or more it's very likely too light.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Your trainer wants you eating 20 of healthy fat. That macro isn't set with a limit for bad/good fat, it's just plain fat.

Olive oil is quite possibly the highest calories against size ratio in the entire list of things you could possibly eat. Which actually makes it quite dangerous for your diet. (What I mean is such a tiny amount has massive calories for how little it actually fills you, so be careful when using it, make sure to always measure it)

I'm not telling you to restrict what you eat, since we don't know your goals, but if you're trying to make your macros, ANY fat goes against that number.

I didn't know that!
    what kind of fat has a low ratio?