Is this goal realistic?

Options
Hi everyone, so I've been on here for a while now however I've been cheating and not really following through. As of right now, I weigh 160 and by the end of august I would like to be at 120...that means 40 pounds 5-6 months. Is this possible and have any of you done the same?

Replies

• syntaxxor
    syntaxxor Posts: 86
    Options
    Yes, it's possible; I lost more in the same amount of time.

But you can't cheat, and can't make excuses. The only person who can make it happen is you.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    But you can't cheat, and can't make excuses. The only person who can make it happen is you.

Agreed!!!!!
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    End of August will only give you 5 months and 8lbs per month is pretty ambitious and will really take some effort with no cheating. A more realistic goal might be to go for 1lb per week and anything over that would be a bonus.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? That's a very aggressive weight loss goal to have, especially since the ticker on your timeline says 30 pounds to goal. If you had 100+ pounds to lose, then sure, it's possible. The less weight you have to lose, the less aggressive your weekly loss goal should be. With 30 pounds to lose, a goal of 1 pound per week is ideal.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    and make sure you're doing serious weight training throughout so you don't lose as much lean muscle.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    End of August will only give you 5 months and 8lbs per month is pretty ambitious and will really take some effort with no cheating. A more realistic goal might be to go for 1lb per week and anything over that would be a bonus.
    ^ This. Be mindful of your own statements of cheating and not following through.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

I couldn't agree more!
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options

^^^^THIS^^^^
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    It is certainly possible. I have lost 71 pounds in 7 months. I am almost 50, very healthy, and have had no surgery or taken any weight losss medications.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's possible; I lost more in the same amount of time.

This. It is possible but you cannot cheat or make excuses.

I have lost twenty pounds in two months.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    That's very aggressive. You will sacrifice more lean mass than you probably want to, and you may not feel that great for much of it. But it's possible.