new to lifting, should I up my calories?

Options
angmarie28
angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
Ive been doing p90x strength workouts with up to 20lb dumbells, but I just started stronglifts 5x5, and Im trying to figure out if I should readjust my calories. I am 5'7" and 140lbs. My goal is to lose more fat and gain muscle, and drop my body fay % from 25.5% to about 20%. My goal weight was 135, but I dont really care if I lose anymore weight as long as I can reach my body fat % goal. My TDEE without workouts is 1999, my BMR is 1454, currently I am eating 1600+ workout cals. I also plan to continue running 2-3 days a week, so I am wondering, am I eating enough. should I up my cals to maybe 1900 + exercise calories since im so close to my goal weight, or just leave them how they are. what worked with everyone else?

Replies

• GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Leave your calories as-is for now. Wait until you stop progressing for a few weeks, then adjust slightly (add 100 per day...) See how it goes.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    Leave your calories as-is for now. Wait until you stop progressing for a few weeks, then adjust slightly (add 100 per day...) See how it goes.
    ok thank you