Anyone know of a good @ home weight lifting routine?

Options
I have been doing the only exercises i know using handweights, but would like a routine of some sort. When i googled it, it seemed like there were no free videos or pictures with instructions even, everyone wanted money...anyone know of a free website that i can reference with weight lifting routines? Or am i gonna have to come outta pocket for it? LoL =o)

Replies

• melliebelly77
    Options
    Go to youtube and look at Fitness Blender routines. I use one for my kettlebell, and there are a bunch! All free.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender is all around AWESOME!

When searching full workouts, generally select "strength" to find the vids that use kb, dumbbells, resistance bands, etc.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If you have an Iphone or Android, look up Nike Trainer Club.

I just did a routine today, and I already love it.. It's literally like having a personal trainer in your pocket!
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Check out You Are Your Own Gym! It's all body weight workouts & has a iPhone/iPad & Android app to guide you through the workouts. It's amazing!!

http://www.marklauren.com/
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender is all around AWESOME!

When searching full workouts, generally select "strength" to find the vids that use kb, dumbbells, resistance bands, etc.
    [/quote
    thanks for the fitnessblender tip....i just reviewed one of their workouts and they look doable!!! I'm so excited to get started with their routines!!
  • misspiggy408
    misspiggy408 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the info! I'm checking out sites now!

THANKS!! =0)
  • Annelies11
    Annelies11 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    This is what I've come up with after trying a bunch of different ones:
    (doing 3 sets of 10 reps for each, and 1 minute rests in between)

Monday (Lower)

Squat with weights
    Lunges with weights
    Deadlift with weights
    Calf-raise with weights
    Wall-sit (1 min)
    Stand crunch w weights

Wednesday (Upper)

Bent-over row
    Shoulder Press
    Plank (1 min)
    Side Lateral
    Full pushup
    Dips

Friday (Lower)

Squats with weights
    Lunges with weights
    Deadlift with weights
    Calf-raise with weights
    Bridge (1 min)
    Bicycle Crunch
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised you haven't found free lifting exercises! Google Dumb bell exercises and you'll have tons of exercises you can do at home - all of my workouts are based at home as well, though i did purchase very heavy weights!
    As for routines, many people on youtube share their routines, but you have to formulate a good one suited for yourself - aim for 15-20 sets a workout - anymore suggests you need to hit these with higher intensity - after 20 sets, i almost always feel shattered!