Something no one tells you about Losing Weight.

Chairs are NEVER as comfortable as they were when you had extra padding >.<

It feels like my tailbone is sitting directly on the chair now and it hurts! I didn't realize this chair was so crappy before. What are some other things you didn't realize would happen??

Replies

• blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    I am feeling the cold a lot more!

And coming into winter, this is going to be different I think
  • I'm still a smoker and take my work breaks outside. I never noticed how cold those metal picnic table benches are! YEESH. I have to take a piece of cardboard out with me to sit on!

I'm also a little taken aback at the changes in the way people react to me. Maybe it's my own improved attitude changing the way people respond, but I don't think that's all of it. Strangers seem friendlier (especially men). Store clerks seem friendlier and more helpful, and seem to be less 'bothered' by me.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    I find that too, about people tending to be friendlier.. I notice it on the city bus. People are more apt to sit beside me now than they used to be.. no one wanted to sit by the fat girl.
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Yet some chairs *are* more comfortable... like movie theatre chairs, bus/plane seats, etc. I remember not being able to sit through a movie and thinking "was this made for a child or am I a giant?"
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Finding clothes that fit. Maybe for a woman, being "petite" is the sweet spot, but as a man, finding pants that fit (30/32) isn't easy. There are piles of 42/42's and 44/30's but only a limited number of stuff in my size. when I was 34 or 36 waist, there was ampbe selection, but now....

I was at ****'s a few weeks ago and found one pair of sweat pants in my size. ONE. ONE PAIR. There were probably 100 or more XL's and XXL's... grrrr...

And belts? They START at 32 at most stores, so finding a belt at all is touch and go.

Keep in mind that at my current height/weight, I'm still in the mid-range of BMI. How is it that being dead center of "normal" weight I can't find pants that fit.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    I'm becoming aware of my bones :noway:
    Without as much padding, those suckers hurt :ohwell: No more birthday punches please :blushing:
  • caramel4280
    caramel4280 Posts: 8 Member
    That it takes a really long time for the reflection in the mirror to change. I have lost over 50lbs, but some days I still see the "old" me in the mirror. Take pictures! Lots and lots of pictures, they don't lie!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!