How to mend a strained bicep?

Options
I have been working my arms out quite a bit this last month and I haven't had any issues. Of course, I go to shovel my truck out of the snow and I strained my bicep muscle. I have been trying to avoid using my arm as much as possible and applying heat and cold to it. Any other things I can do to get it healed quickly and correctly? It is hurting pretty bad, when should I be worried there is a serious injury?

Any advice and info is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Do what you're doing plus rest and ibuprofen. If it doesn't start feeling better in the next few days or feels worse or you start losing feeling or mobility consider seeing a professional.
  • PrettyandPolished
    PrettyandPolished Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Do what you're doing plus rest and ibuprofen. If it doesn't start feeling better in the next few days or feels worse or you start losing feeling or mobility consider seeing a professional.

Thank you for the advice DavPul. I really appreciate it. I never realized how hard it is for me to not use my arm. Especially at work and when I cook. I had to literally band my arm to my stomach to keep it in place.
  • cviertha
    cviertha Posts: 32
    Options
    Ice for 20 minutes at a time whenever you can and 3-4 ibuprofen. I also tried Arnica gel for a muscle problem and it seemed to help speed the healing. I found it at Walgreen's and WalMart. Also something like Biofreeze that will give the icing effect when you obviously can't ice it will help.