Taco Salad

I went out and found myself in a Mexican restaurant (Lupe Tortilla). I ordered a salad but it had lots of guac and sour creme. I am trying to figure out how many calories it was but I haven't found anything. I didn't eat the taco shell, but I still think it was pretty bad. I estimated 800 calories. Does anyone have a sense if that is accurate? It had cheese on it as well.

Thanks.

Dan

Replies

• lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Enter each ingredient..it should get you pretty close....
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Yeah, about the only way is to enter each ingredient as close as you can manage. I feel your pain; it makes going to smaller, non-chain restaurants kind of hard since most of the time they're not on MFP and don't post their own calorie counts.
  • danyoung1967
    danyoung1967 Posts: 4 Member
    I know. I figured with the cheese, guac, sour creme, lettuce, tomato it was about 800 calories. I went to Taco Bell website and their taco salad was about that, so I assume it is similar. I guess I will just go with 800 and call it a bad day.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Then again..Qdoba Mexican Grill - Taco Salad (No Shell, Ground Beef, Sour Cream, Lettuce, Guacamole, Pico, Roasted Chile Corn) is 590! :)
  • sunshine4jess
    sunshine4jess Posts: 7 Member
    Then again..Qdoba Mexican Grill - Taco Salad (No Shell, Ground Beef, Sour Cream, Lettuce, Guacamole, Pico, Roasted Chile Corn) is 590! :)
    If I get stuck like this, I usually take an average of the closest ones I DO find on MFP. On another note...mmmmm...taco salad. Yummy!