Starting eating carbs again, starving!

Options
Hi all,

I've been doing Atkins for the past couple of months, but decided to eat a little more balanced and exercise more.

I've started adding a little carbs back into my day i.e a Subway wrap for lunch and more veggies in all my meals (somewhat limited on Atkins) but am not eating bread, sugars, pasta etc.

I've been doing this for around 5 days and I'm starving! My stomach hasn't rumbled in months while I was on Atkins and in ketosis but now I feel hungry most of the day.

I'm doing the 30DS and eating around 1400-1500 calories per day, so not exactly depriving myself. Getting lots of water too. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't think I used to feel this hungry back when counting calories last year. Just wondering if I'm "coming off" ketosis or something?

I might try adding a high fiber cereal in the morning and see if that helps.

I don't really mind feeling hungry, but tummy grumbles are embarrassing while I'm at work!

Replies

• Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Being hungry is a good sign of a working metabolism. You may need to eat a bit more with the 30DS. Fiber is good with fluids and extra protein with the carbs all help. Try eating 3 larger meals if you are doing the small meals or vice-verses.
  • recesq
    recesq Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Exercising will increase your appetite, but should allow you to eat more calories.
    I would stick to protein and veggies rather than incorporate "Wraps".
    If a "balanced" meal was the answer, then we wouldn't have a problem, would we?
  • Raybug0903
    Raybug0903 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This happens to me all the time if I stop doing keto/Atkins. I've found that the fat/protein combination without the unnecessary amount of excess carbs keeps be satisfied. Perhaps try incorporating more carbs with fruits and vegetables only at first.