Ate crappy things.. feel pretty crappy

Options
I know this may sound quite weird, but today I gave in and ate some TERRIBLE processed food. I was stressed and knew I shouldn't, but I did. Two hours later I feel like my body is seriously yelling at me to never do it again; stomach ache, acidic feeling in my stomach, and I am exhausted...but I'm glad this happened. I've never had the feeling of this crappy food making me feel, well crappy, since it is all I used to eat. I decided to do some cardio and have some fresh fruit, and now I feel so much better. I FINALLY understand what people say when different food makes you feel a certain way... this is EXCITING !!!! :) Anyone else felt like this??

Replies

• mhiggi02
    mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    Yup. A few weeks ago I met some friends at a sports pub. I was going to just swing by, have a water, catch up and then leave. One of the guys ordered two of the appetizer platters with all kinds of fried **** (it tasted good going down). Afterward I felt much like you described and also felt guilty, like I cheated on my wife or something terrible. I, like you, chose to use it as a learning experience and moved on. Good for you!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Yes anything with a lot of refined carbs makes me very tired afterwards.
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Just ate pizza. Thought my body could handle it...realizing that it can't!
  • ctroxell2004
    Options
    YES! I haven't drank a diet soda in about a week and I feel amazing...only drinking iced tea and WOW what a difference.

I have to tell you-I have been having some serious cravings lately for food-I grab protein: cottage cheese, string cheese, greek yogurt....or an apple, banana or piece of gum.

and actually I'm getting to the point now where I just breathe for about a minute and drink some water and the craving goes away.
    I usually end up eating something around that time with protein-because I feel like that was my body saying I was hungry.
  • Gingabreadd
    Options
    YES! I did a 21 day healthy eating plan, but when it was over i had some kraft dinner, thinking it would be fine since I've had it so many times before, but then my body was like NO. I felt so aweful and sick for houuurs, but I didnt learn my lesson unfortunately :p
    Need to get back on track!
  • hiphopdisco
    hiphopdisco Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I cant eat hardcore junk like i used too. It affects me real bad. But like anything a person can build up a tolerance to bad foods unlike a healthy person who it will make sick.
  • rei707
    rei707 Posts: 4
    Options
    Yes! I totally agree Kayla! I've stopped eating many processed foods and no longer eat meat. Most of my diet is fresh produce and fish. I made the mistake of eating Taco Bell a few nights ago and I felt AWFUL! I had the worst stomach cramps all night. Once your body gets used to a cleaner diet, it has a hard time with processed food.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yup! You are what you eat has become increasingly true as I've improved my diet. If I eat rubbish food, it feels like I've got a terrible food hangover - never worth it. Although bizarrely, pizza and beer never really do too much damage...the power of the mind ;)