Loose Weight Fast

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Your ticker says you only need to lose about 8-9 lbs-- is that right? Why the rush?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Some of you are so cruel. They asked a simple question and if they don't want to be healthy about it that's their choice. Don't get mad at them for it. You don't know their reasoning. Maybe they've been trying to lose weight and they are a couple of pounds off for a weigh in they have to pass (that's my reasoning).

Anyway, I don't really have anything for you, but I remember when I first joined the military, my recruiter told me to go on this soup diet for a few days to a week to drop some pounds. I didn't do it; I lost it the old fashioned way with a lot more time. And then there is that lemonade/cayenne pepper thing...Look into those if you'd like.

So you want us to tell them how to lose fast, the unhealthy way?

ok, cut off a limb
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I don't care how "unhealthy" and "bad" it is but i want advice on how to loose a lot of weight fast. Obviously i want to be able to still eat on a daily basis. Suggestions for the ultimate weight loss?

cut off a leg....
    tape worm diet....

thats all i have. everything else requires a healthy lifestyle and patience, neither of which you seem keen on!
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight fast, limit your intake as much as possible and don't exercise.

You'll lose fast! Maybe not for long and once you start eating normal again you'll gain it back, possibly more and you'll be weak, because without exercise you'll lose muscle. Are you sure it's worth all that?
    Losing 1 pound a week isn't bad. that's 5 lbs a month, 30 lbs in just six months! 60 on a year! That may not seem incredibly fast, but it is, especially when you take in the fact that, you'll be stronger, leaner and healthier.

So I say focus on eating healthy and taking it slow :flowerforyou:
  • coz1979
    coz1979 Posts: 120
    Options
    Ive lost over 61lb in just over 2 months, how did I do it? A lot of exercise, eating the right foods and motivation :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Some of you are so cruel. They asked a simple question and if they don't want to be healthy about it that's their choice. Don't get mad at them for it. You don't know their reasoning. Maybe they've been trying to lose weight and they are a couple of pounds off for a weigh in they have to pass (that's my reasoning).

Anyway, I don't really have anything for you, but I remember when I first joined the military, my recruiter told me to go on this soup diet for a few days to a week to drop some pounds. I didn't do it; I lost it the old fashioned way with a lot more time. And then there is that lemonade/cayenne pepper thing...Look into those if you'd like.

They said I don't care how unhealthy or bad it is......and you want us to support someone who is likely do to something unhealthy and bad.....that will hurt them.......and you think it's okay.....for them...to hurt themselves......

I'm confused, dude. What suggestions have been given would not be unhealthy and would not hurt them. Cruel is saying "Please, do something to hurt yourself."

Also, your "lemonade thing" and "soup thing" are crash diets with numerous and well-documented, negative consequences on the body. Do not hurt yourself.

And if you are going to hurt yourself, do not encourage others to do the same. It is lunacy to do so.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Your ticker says you only need to lose about 8-9 lbs-- is that right? Why the rush?

Her sorority is having a beach party with a bunch of cute guys in three weeks! Duh.
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Just don't be surprised if when you finish the crash diet, your weight goes right back up. That's the problem with losing the weight fast...it doesn't stick. To take off weight and KEEP it off, you need to make a lifestyle change, not participate in one of the many fad diets out there.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    You want to lose weight and you want to do it fast? That's not so hard. It's the keeping it off and doing it in a way that makes you look better, that takes some work. Maybe you need to be more specific.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Her sorority is having a beach party with a bunch of cute guys in three weeks! Duh.

:laugh: Now now, that's not nice.

OP your best bet, especially with so little to lose, is to eat at a moderate deficit and get some exercise. Lifting weights is great for body composition. Eating at a steep deficit or doing crash diets is going to do more harm than good in the long run.
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Atkin's diet MOST DEFINITELY. Cutting out carbs entirely. I hate that diet, but you lose about a pound a day.
  • Angel03744
    Angel03744 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Why bother? You're going to look like crap, feel like crap, and gain all the weight back the minute you stop doing whichever gawd awful crash diet you select. I bet you end up weighing more than when you started.

Come back and ask for help when you're ready to do something responsible and sustainable. I'm not here to help people hurt themselves.
    :smile:
    I could not agree more!
  • SashaMegan
    SashaMegan Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Donate blood, take a dump, cut off an arm, wear plastic bags under your clothing, spend 19 hours in a sauna, eat a box of exlax. All ways to lose weight fast. None of em healthy, but you said you didn't care right?

eta - OK donating blood isn't unhealthy per se, but it won't get you nearly as much weight loss as the arm removal.

Awesome advice is awesome. :bigsmile:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't care how "unhealthy" and "bad" it is but i want advice on how to loose a lot of weight fast. Obviously i want to be able to still eat on a daily basis. Suggestions for the ultimate weight loss?

If you don't care about hurting yourself, I guess just fast for a few weeks and see where that gets ya. Of course the caveat is when you lose fast, you gain it back even faster, since your metabolism will grind to a screeching halt to prevent death. But I don't suppose you would care about that either?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Why is it cruel to not want to encourage or assist someone in self-destructive behavior?

Mean people suck! Next time someone comes on the boards asking how the proper techniques for self-mutilation, you should Google it for them! Same thing goes for starvation and correct baby-shaking techniques.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

That sounds like the truth of it.

We have four seasons at MFP. New Years Resolution season, Spring Break season, Summer Vacation season, and Holiday season.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

Why is it cruel to not want to encourage or assist someone in self-destructive behavior?

Mean people suck! Next time someone comes on the boards asking how the proper techniques for self-mutilation, you should Google it for them! Same thing goes for starvation and correct baby-shaking techniques.

:angry: :laugh:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

That sounds like the truth of it.

We have four seasons at MFP. New Years Resolution season, Spring Break season, Summer Vacation season, and Holiday season.

Throw in the occasional "I have to fit into my wedding dress so I need to lose 60 pounds in 2 months", and High school reunions. :bigsmile:
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Donate blood, take a dump, cut off an arm, wear plastic bags under your clothing, spend 19 hours in a sauna, eat a box of exlax. All ways to lose weight fast. None of em healthy, but you said you didn't care right?

eta - OK donating blood isn't unhealthy per se, but it won't get you nearly as much weight loss as the arm removal.

Great reply :drinker:
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Tight weight slow