How to say 'No' to 'Food Pushers"

Options
Hi, lately at school people have been trying to hand me free food like crazy. "Oh have a cookie!" And when I say "No, thank you." They tell me things like "One won't kill you!" Or ask why I won't eat it and this is constantly happening and I need new way to say "No" to them. Curious to see if this happens to others here as well!

Replies

• SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    just give them the finger and keep it moving
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    33110506_1131.jpg
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Smile.

Or ask them if they want some brussel sprouts.
  • dark_angel1554
    dark_angel1554 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My technique is to battle them off with a long speech of about how I'm trying to lose weight and stay healthy....if it's a long enough sentence, they have stopped listening about a few words into it and walk away LOL.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    just give them the finger and keep it moving
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Politely say no. Repeat. If that still doesn't work then you are entitled to tell them to **** off. It is known.
  • limesublime
    limesublime Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Claim allergy or religious reasons? Half my office thinks I'm Muslim and gluten intolerant
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    1.) Open your mouth
    2.) Say no
    3.) Repeat steps 1 & 2 until they give up.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I say NO to developing a new way to say NO when NO works just fine.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    33110506_1131.jpg

^this

Learn this now. It's a skill that will serve you well throughout the rest of your life.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Take whatever they give you. Immediately throw it in the trash (preferably where they will see).
  • Librariangetsfit
    Librariangetsfit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just say "no thank you." And be prepared for hunger with a health alternative. I get really excited whenever there is a veggie plate at work events.
  • melbournemummy79
    Options
    Just say no and then if they insist say no again.
    I don't really know what sort of person would insist a third time unless they are batty.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I have the best fool proof answer to make someone stop offering you food. Person offering food: "Hey, [insert name here], try some of this [insert food here]" You: "No thanks, every time I eat [insert food here] I have terrible, smelly diarrhea for days."

That'll shut them up :laugh:
  • mrsgeneric
    mrsgeneric Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Tell them you ate your full and if u take one bite of that cookie you will puke on there shoes.... Chances r they wont try forcing u to take it!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    No is a common answer here but if someone is going to give me a cookie, I am going take the cookie, eat it and say thank you very much.

however, NO.
  • Amy_Hsu
    Amy_Hsu Posts: 5
    Options
    At school or work is difficult - even harder is at home when a spouse says "No one ever got fat eating only XXXXXXX" -

I have found that using the "I don't stop at just one so I have to say "no" but thanks - it looks wonderful!" works. It doesn't hurt their feelings and gives you some sense of control - and a reminder why you need to say "NO" in the first place. I went on a 3 week binge when someone at work brought in Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups. 1 or 2 of those then threw everything off for me. Finally I am back to eating healthy and am feeling good again - but it was a rough couple of weeks!

Good luck.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Just say, "No, thank you. I'm on a restricted diet."
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Nope. Then walk away.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple, sweetie. Just keep to only No and say nothing more. There is no real need to develop creative responses.

I did it a few times with friends who thought my "fitness craze" was merely my hobby for the month. They stopped offering when they saw how I didn't envy them for stuffing their faces, and how I was (still am) genuinely happy with what I stuffed my face with.