Been waiting......

Options
Okay so today is the day that I have been waiting for. When I started this 3 weeks ago I weighed 238, then I lost 1 pound bringing me down to 237 and my ticker moved for the first time, but then I ended up gaining 4 pounds which brought me to 241, I was so dissapointed. Then I changed my goals and the weight started to come off. So although I have lost 6 pounds since 241 my ticker hasn't moved because I went up in weight first. Confusing? Anyway, today I am officially under 237 and can now move my ticker.....I'm so excited. I have been waiting for like a week to see this!!! YAY!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Yay! That is great, it is a nice feeling when you get to move your ticker!:bigsmile:
  • Margarette
    Margarette Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Remember a lot of people gain weight to begin with so no worries! Congrats! Keep up the good work!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you...I know this was really a major concern of yours over the past couple weeks...I am happy for you...keep on going strong

Goodluck
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!!!!! I remember how excited I was when mine moved for the first time.... pretty soon you'll be watching it plummet and you'll feel really accomplished and successful!! Keep up the great work.
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    I am so happy for you...I know this was really a major concern of yours over the past couple weeks...I am happy for you...keep on going strong

Goodluck

Oh this was a HUGE concern, I was pulling my hair out....felt like a complete loser watching everyone write about their weight loss and I was just gaining. I started to feel like I just wasn't meant to lose weight. You were one of the people that keep me moving in a positive direction, thank you so much. I feel GREAT today!!!
  • stripes03
    stripes03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Stay determined. It' a slow process to make these changes, but it's worth it!
  • stripes03
    stripes03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Stay determined. It' a slow process to make these changes, but it's worth it!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Congrats on getting the ticker to move!!! I remember how excited I was the first few times. You are starting where I did. It has taken 7 months to lose 49 pounds - remember slow and steady wins the race. I highly recommend that you also take measurements. I didn't until I'd been here for a month. At my 6 month mark - it was great to see how many inches I'd lost. I was shocked that I lost 2 inches from each arm. When you get into a plateau (and we all have them) seeing the inches lost will get you through it. The scale is not the only measure of weight loss and fitness. I wish you the best of luck on your continued journey!!!!
  • BoSox0407
    Options
    Is it normal to gain weight in the begining?? Today has officially been one week since I started on here, and my first weigh-in. (I used to be one of those people who jumped on the scale every time i went to the bathroom....so you can imagine how hard it was to wait an entire WEEK before getting on the scale!!) But, to my dissapointment, i GAINED 4 pounds :( I know that muscle weighs more than fat, and i have actually been working out everyday (Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is AMAZING and she is kicking my butt) on top of going for long walks with my dog. Is this normal in the begining? And if so, when will it start to drop??

The good news is, i also took my measurements this morning, and I lost an inch in my waist AND two inches in my hips!! That will definitely keep me motivated for sure!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Is it normal to gain weight in the begining?? Today has officially been one week since I started on here, and my first weigh-in. (I used to be one of those people who jumped on the scale every time i went to the bathroom....so you can imagine how hard it was to wait an entire WEEK before getting on the scale!!) But, to my dissapointment, i GAINED 4 pounds :( I know that muscle weighs more than fat, and i have actually been working out everyday (Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is AMAZING and she is kicking my butt) on top of going for long walks with my dog. Is this normal in the begining? And if so, when will it start to drop??

The good news is, i also took my measurements this morning, and I lost an inch in my waist AND two inches in my hips!! That will definitely keep me motivated for sure!!

Weight alone is a bad predictor of getting healthier. I know we all like to see smaller numbers. Great job on taking your measurements. A pound of muscle and a pound of fat weigh the same but the muscle is much more dense and takes up less space so you are smaller. You can gain weight as you begin to gain muscle. 4 pounds in a week is mostly likely water weight. Is your TOM close? Did you eat foods with high salt content the night before? Are your muscle sore from a new workout routine (muscles hold water when you stress them from a new routine)? Did you use the same scale? Did you weigh in wearing the same outfit or lack of clothes? Did you weigh in at the same time of day? These are just a few of the reasons that you could have a gain.

Remember there are 3500 cal in a pound of fat. To gain 4 pounds of fat you would have had to eat 14,000 extra calories this last week!!!

Good luck and I predict the 4 pounds will come off in the next week.
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    Congrats on getting the ticker to move!!! I remember how excited I was the first few times. You are starting where I did. It has taken 7 months to lose 49 pounds - remember slow and steady wins the race. I highly recommend that you also take measurements. I didn't until I'd been here for a month. At my 6 month mark - it was great to see how many inches I'd lost. I was shocked that I lost 2 inches from each arm. When you get into a plateau (and we all have them) seeing the inches lost will get you through it. The scale is not the only measure of weight loss and fitness. I wish you the best of luck on your continued journey!!!!

I actually did mesure myself the very first day that I started this journey, I will meaure myself on May 8th, a month from when I started.
  • BoSox0407
    BoSox0407 Posts: 9
    Options

Weight alone is a bad predictor of getting healthier. I know we all like to see smaller numbers. Great job on taking your measurements. A pound of muscle and a pound of fat weigh the same but the muscle is much more dense and takes up less space so you are smaller. You can gain weight as you begin to gain muscle. 4 pounds in a week is mostly likely water weight. Is your TOM close? Did you eat foods with high salt content the night before? Are your muscle sore from a new workout routine (muscles hold water when you stress them from a new routine)? Did you use the same scale? Did you weigh in wearing the same outfit or lack of clothes? Did you weigh in at the same time of day? These are just a few of the reasons that you could have a gain.

Remember there are 3500 cal in a pound of fat. To gain 4 pounds of fat you would have had to eat 14,000 extra calories this last week!!!

Good luck and I predict the 4 pounds will come off in the next week.

Not sure what you meant by "Is your TOM close?" But as far as all of your other questions go, I did everything right! Even down to the same scale, time of day and lack of clothing! But, I will say however, that my muscles were SO COMPLETELY sore from starting Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. So that could have been the 4 lb. gain. You predicted right though, since at my next weigh in I lost those 4 lbs and went back to my original weight. :) Hopefully it keeps coming off! Thanks for your advice and support!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!