How do YOU reply?

Options
2»

Replies

• hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Great suggestions everyone Thanks! Like many of you, I do feel like the MFP pusher in my area. :happy:

Please continue to add any that you may have.

Take Care! Hawkeye
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    I usually tell them I've been working hard. Then they usually ask ; How did you do it?

So then I launch into the long explanation. :) But most people who've been asking me about the weight I've lost want to lose weight too.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I always start with how GREAT I feel.
    Depending on the questions they ask I will tell them as much or as little as they seem interested in.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    My boss was in town this week. I only see him once every 6 weeks or so. He came into the office, shook my hand and said you are wasting away to nothing! I thanked him.

People didn't start noticing with me until I hit about 30 lbs lost where they noticed the weight loss with my husband quickly. he was carrying all his in his belly and my weight was scattered all over my body

I don't get into the long winded story unless somebody asks. I give the Readers Digest version first " eating right and exercising" unless they ask more qustions.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    "I started eating right, and exercising more and I lost weight.......BONUS!!! ":drinker:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I've barely lost any weight despite what my ticker says... but I get a lot of compliments about how great I look. I think I'm just beaming and far healthier than before. My husband comments how much my body has changed, but I step on the scale and show him that it hasn't moved.

so the answer... I tell them, thanks, I haven't lost any weight, but I feel great and strong! and you know what, I think that is what counts - when you feel good, you exude confidence.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost enough for people to be like "holy crap what are you doing!??!" but a couple people have said I look like I'm losing weight and I always just say thank you for noticing. Wait another couple months though, I'm gonna be on FIRE!! :D lol
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Besides my MFP friends and two of my real life friends, I haven't really had anyone notice. Even in my family. I've lost 49 pounds and gone from a 16 to an 11. Hmmmmm....

I'm kind of glad, I guess. I hate when people comment on my weight. Good or bad. Maybe thats why no one has noticed? (Law of Attraction type thing, maybe?)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Depending on what they say I'll respond something like "Thanks -- I'm trying" or "Thanks for noticing" or whatever. If they ask how I'm doing it, I just say "Turns out all those 'experts' are right -- exercising and eating healthier really does work." That's usually when they respond by looking at me as if I had just killed their puppy and I take that opportunity to leave the conversation. :laugh: I don't get into details unless I'm pressed to do so (it's happened a few times).

About the men commenting thing -- I've had very few men make direct comments to me. One of my coworkers who is old enough to be my grandfather has told me a few times that I'm doing a fantastic job (he told me this morning I'm "setting the standard" -- he's started losing weight, too!). Another older male coworker at one of my other jobs said "So, how much weight have you lost now?" He's overweight and wanted to talk about it in detail.

Generally speaking, most men seem to be pretty quiet about commenting on weight loss. But keep your eyes peeled, because they will let you know they've noticed. And some of them can be pretty shameless about it. One of my buddy coworkers has taken to HUGGING me every time he sees me. :noway: Some of the men in my life actually *look* at me differently. Then some just smile at me more, flirt more, do more for me (hold the door, ask if I need anything, offer to help more often, etc.). Trust me, they notice. I guess many men are just too afraid (of the response) or embarrassed to say anything. :wink:
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I just say thanks, I have been working very hard and then if they ask more questions I answer them.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I usually say "thanks, but I still have a little bit left to lose!" And more often than not, people will ask how I've been doing it and I love to tell them! For once in my life, I am PROUD of how I look and how hard I've worked to get here!!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until I get to a point where someone notices that I've lost weight! My OH is really supportive and when I told him I'd lost 4lbs but still had a way to go, he said "Babe...2 more pounds and thats half a stone" he's my mister motivator!

I'm going to have to think up a line to say when someone notices that I've lost weight...that'll be an achievement...the first time I say it! :)

Well Done everyone...you're all doing fantastically! x
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    I appreciate all the great suggestions. Keep them coming!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    No one has really noticed yet but occasionally a family member or someone will randomly say I look good. I just say thanks. :happy:
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    I'm so sorry! Kick hubby in the @$$ and make him buy you something pretty! Great job, keep going. You are doing this for you, no on else.