need a girl friend

Options
124»

Replies

• StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    im not asking for a date...it CLEARLY says i have a boyfriend..

I don't discriminate based on something silly like gender.

Gender means nothing

Well...unless you want to procreate or something minor like that, lol.

Otherwise, you're right...gender's pretty irrelevant =p.

That can actually be worked out too...people can get around gender

Sorry miss, neither two women, nor two men...can procreate without the help of someone from the opposing gender, lol.

It's physically impossible.

This should pretty much be the end of that line of commentary.

You are mistaking sex for gender. There is a difference.

THANK YOU!!!

Actually...go back and read. You two are pretty clearly the ones mistaking sex for gender. I never said anything about sex...period. Since however...you can't answer my question without adding conditions to the plain yes or no I asked you for...my point is made. You cannot procreate without the help of someone of the opposite gender, period. Cut and dry.

If you care to discuss sex...that's another subject. But on those same lines, any same gender sexual activity is by nature purely recreational.

:)

Incorrect. I cannot procreate without the help of someone of the opposite sex. Sex is biological. Gender is societal.

Ohhhh!

If you say so cupcake :).

Its always interesting to see into other people's realities. Its truly amazing to see how many twists and turns they make...how many words they'll manipulate in order to justify whatever belief system they hold to.

The same goes for the above post by littlebudgie.

For the record...it doesn't make any difference to me what you do or don't do...as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. I just think its funny how entire definitions have been rewritten in order to fit YOUR (plural) reality...and the rest of us are just expected to subscribe to it.

Sorry...I'm just not interested.

So...for the sake of clarification...for me, like most of the rest of the world...male (gender) equals man (sex). And amazingly enough...it follows that female (gender) equals woman (sex).

Strange how things make such clear sense from that perspective.

Your ignorance on a topic is not a superpower. It can't change the definition of words with a single bound, or shape a global conversation faster than a speeding bullet, or make your argument on a forum stronger than a locomotive. It just makes you ignorant. You might want to address that.

Thank you.

Perhaps acquainting yourself with current issues would be a good place to start.

I stand corrected (by your literal definition)! However...the point I was obviously making was no less accurate...and you might call it ignorance...but my point stands. In normal discussion, outside of your 'ultra aware' circles...someones 'gender' and their 'sex' are typically (clearly incorrectly...please don't shoot!) equated. You guys put me in mind of the group here on MFP that's determined to pound into everyone's head that 1lb of fat equals 1lb of muscle...every time someone says muscle weighs more than fat.

So..I guess I'll just remain content in my ignorance (I mean isn't it absolutely obvious I don't have an ounce of brain matter in my head??)...knowing that my initial point...which was clearly meant to be humorous in nature...was completely valid.

You certainly have the right to remain willfully ignorant and to encourage the same in others. It's nothing to be proud of, though, so I'm not sure why you would tell us all that this is the way you're choosing to handle the situation. And if your original point was valid, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Also, if you hadn't called a woman "cupcake" in your attempt to talk down to her from your position of ignorance, I would not think you quite as douche-y as you have evidently decided to remain.

First and foremost...this whole discussion on my part...until this morning, was intended to be taken in a humorous light. That includes the 'cupcake' comment. Second...the whole 'sex' thing...did initially go right by me. That's because again...in a general context...a persons sex, and their gender are equatable. You may call it willful ignorance...it makes no difference to me...nor does your opinion of whether I'm a douche or not. The fact remains...without boy parts, and girl parts...you're not making a kid. You're not getting around that...no matter how much you belittle me for my choice of words...or my ignorance of your choice of words.

And so...my point absolutely stands.

Calling someone out for their actual behavior is not belittling them. If you don't want people to point out that you're being willfully ignorant, that it's not funny to talk down to women in that way, and that you're being douche-y, stop being those things. Otherwise, people are likely to let you know that you ARE being those things, on the off chance that you learn something from that knowledge. But clearly that's not a decision we can make for you- all we can do is point out that you have that option. You can take it from there... or in your case, not.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Gender means nothing

Sorry miss, neither two women, nor two men...can procreate without the help of someone from the opposing gender, lol.

actually, scientifically speaking, they can combine two eggs to create life. there for men arent really needed.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Gender means nothing

THANK YOU!!!

Actually...go back and read. You two are pretty clearly the ones mistaking sex for gender. I never said anything about sex...period. Since however...you can't answer my question without adding conditions to the plain yes or no I asked you for...my point is made. You cannot procreate without the help of someone of the opposite gender, period. Cut and dry.

If you care to discuss sex...that's another subject. But on those same lines, any same gender sexual activity is by nature purely recreational.

Incorrect. I cannot procreate without the help of someone of the opposite sex. Sex is biological. Gender is societal.

Ohhhh!

Its always interesting to see into other people's realities. Its truly amazing to see how many twists and turns they make...how many words they'll manipulate in order to justify whatever belief system they hold to.

For the record...it doesn't make any difference to me what you do or don't do...as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. I just think its funny how entire definitions have been rewritten in order to fit YOUR (plural) reality...and the rest of us are just expected to subscribe to it.

So...for the sake of clarification...for me, like most of the rest of the world...male (gender) equals man (sex). And amazingly enough...it follows that female (gender) equals woman (sex).

Your ignorance on a topic is not a superpower. It can't change the definition of words with a single bound, or shape a global conversation faster than a speeding bullet, or make your argument on a forum stronger than a locomotive. It just makes you ignorant. You might want to address that.

Thank you.

Perhaps acquainting yourself with current issues would be a good place to start.

I stand corrected (by your literal definition)! However...the point I was obviously making was no less accurate...and you might call it ignorance...but my point stands. In normal discussion, outside of your 'ultra aware' circles...someones 'gender' and their 'sex' are typically (clearly incorrectly...please don't shoot!) equated. You guys put me in mind of the group here on MFP that's determined to pound into everyone's head that 1lb of fat equals 1lb of muscle...every time someone says muscle weighs more than fat.

So..I guess I'll just remain content in my ignorance (I mean isn't it absolutely obvious I don't have an ounce of brain matter in my head??)...knowing that my initial point...which was clearly meant to be humorous in nature...was completely valid.

You certainly have the right to remain willfully ignorant and to encourage the same in others. It's nothing to be proud of, though, so I'm not sure why you would tell us all that this is the way you're choosing to handle the situation. And if your original point was valid, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Also, if you hadn't called a woman "cupcake" in your attempt to talk down to her from your position of ignorance, I would not think you quite as douche-y as you have evidently decided to remain.

First and foremost...this whole discussion on my part...until this morning, was intended to be taken in a humorous light. That includes the 'cupcake' comment. Second...the whole 'sex' thing...did initially go right by me. That's because again...in a general context...a persons sex, and their gender are equatable. You may call it willful ignorance...it makes no difference to me...nor does your opinion of whether I'm a douche or not. The fact remains...without boy parts, and girl parts...you're not making a kid. You're not getting around that...no matter how much you belittle me for my choice of words...or my ignorance of your choice of words.

Calling someone out for their actual behavior is not belittling them. If you don't want people to point out that you're being willfully ignorant, that it's not funny to talk down to women in that way, and that you're being douche-y, stop being those things. Otherwise, people are likely to let you know that you ARE being those things, on the off chance that you learn something from that knowledge. But clearly that's not a decision we can make for you- all we can do is point out that you have that option. You can take it from there... or in your case, not.

Again...you're making a subjective (and incredibly uninformed I might add) judgment on my behavior/actions. If you knew anything about me you'd know that I wouldn't purposefully 'talk down' to any woman in any serious manner. As far as the other goes...the majority of people i know saw my posts and actions for what they were. Purely humorous. So my advice is to look for that stick you lost...and if you can't find it...get some help. You'll be better off in the long run.

(Eta...yes...that is talking down. I felt the need to clarify just in case my sarcastic example went over your head).
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Dayumm is this girl still waiting by the phone :laugh:
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Gender means nothing

actually, scientifically speaking, they can combine two eggs to create life. there for men arent really needed.

Link to documentation please. Something other than wikihow, if you will.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Gender means nothing

But the same groups of chromosomes present in sperm are injected...
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

http://cordis.europa.eu/fetch?CALLER=EN_NEWS&ACTION=D&RCN=24410
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options

Gender means nothing

But the same groups of chromosomes present in sperm are injected...

I just wanted to add more quotes.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

http://cordis.europa.eu/fetch?CALLER=EN_NEWS&ACTION=D&RCN=24410

Very interesting article. Using electricity to stimulate an egg to divide into tissue does not equate to creating another human being however. Additionally...the success rate of even that is pretty small. Add to that the myriad of other issues the article brings up...

Yeah, I'm going to have to stick to my original point.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options

Gender means nothing

THANK YOU!!!

Ohhhh!

Thank you.

Again...you're making a subjective (and incredibly uninformed I might add) judgment on my behavior/actions. If you knew anything about me you'd know that I wouldn't purposefully 'talk down' to any woman in any serious manner. As far as the other goes...the majority of people i know saw my posts and actions for what they were. Purely humorous. So my advice is to look for that stick you lost...and if you can't find it...get some help. You'll be better off in the long run.

(Eta...yes...that is talking down. I felt the need to clarify just in case my sarcastic example went over your head).

You're a lost cause.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Gender means nothing

THANK YOU!!!

Ohhhh!

Thank you.

You're a lost cause.

Would it be ok if I go cry now?

More seriously...do you truly believe that your completely inaccurate judgment of me would affect me in the least? Either way...I wish you luck in your efforts to change the world, one internet comedian at a time.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Who called the word police...

Wee-ooo wee-ooo

Also, holy wall of text above me, Batman.
This discussion has been closed.