Resistance bands

Options
I travel a bunch and bought a set of resistance bands recently - seems like a good idea for hotels. Anyone else use these? Opinions on ways to maximize the benefits?

Replies

• alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    i use some with p90x, they work just as well as dumbells i think, good idea :)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I have a set as well that I would bring with myself if I am ever in a hotel room for sure - I find more benefit using them to work my arms. You can step on them and do bicep curls, put it behind you and do "presses"...they are very good to have and you can do a ton of different exercises with them. Google it up!
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I also just purchased a set of resistance bands for use when I am on business travel. (Side note: I wish more hotels had decent gyms!) My set came with a DVD guide of different exercises to do with the bands.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    A good site that has differetn workouts and has some video's (youtube) using resistance bands is http://www.fitnessblender.com/

This is a great site. (It has an area to join their site, but you don't have too). Just click on workouts or exercises. Lots of good stuff here.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I always have one in the bag I carry to work.
  • phonepest
    phonepest Posts: 43
    Options
    I've read that using bands also helps elongate the muscle worked and hit areas not in the same range of motion as dumbells...you can also add resistance by doubling up on bands...
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have a bag of bands that I keep in my suitcase for work travel. Up until recently I was gone about two weeks a month and relied on them heavily. I would recommend a good selection of them for anyone that travels alot.