I've found the Chipotle holy grail!

Options
123457»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Since I've joined MFP I've been feeling like a tiny little "meat only compliments my diet occasionally" fish swimming in a sea filled with meat obsessed ultra carnivores. I'm scared. Please don't eat me. Eat some kale and quinoa instead.

I eat kale, quinoa, and meat. I don't discriminate against tasty things.

Oh, and am I the only one that prefers barbacoa over the chicken and steak?

My preference would be steak > carnitas > barbacoa > chicken > vegetarians > cats > meatless.

Fixed

Good catch. Thanks.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    No meat. Skip the meat. It adds calories. You're going to get a ton of protein from the beans. There's just no reason for it. No meat.

Uh, there is plenty good reason for it. It tastes good. It tastes very good. I'll take the meat over their shredded cheese and rice any day, thank you. I understand skipping out on the meat if you're a vegetarian, but your reasoning seems to be "omg the evil calories", which amuses me because rice. :tongue:

Thanks for sharing, though. :flowerforyou:

Good point. Personally, I do a little "cost per calorie" analysis when I'm making food choices. Minimum calories is not the goal.
  • runningwild00
    Options
    What's with the attitudes of people on this thread? This person is just sharing something they found tasty.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    What's with the attitudes of people on this thread? This person is just sharing something they found tasty.

Huh? It seemed like a rather lively discussion about the choices at Chipotle to me. Where were all of these attitudes you noticed? (I'll admit, if they were in the middle pages, I might have just forgotten about them.)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Everyone, I am NOT advocating cutting the meat and REPLACING with beans. I am saying, get beans anyway (like most people do) and skip the meat.....

So you're saying skip the meat.....by not putting in meat....and putting it beans INSTEAD of meat.....but you're not saying cut the meat and replace it with beans?

(I don't have a gif for this. I must find one.)

Outside of a poster's perplexing choice of words concerning replacing/skipping meat/beans, there haven't been any attitudes. Care say you wish that people would not have anything to add to the discussion?
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    Or...

Chicken Salad
    Black Beans
    Fajita Veggies
    Salsa of Choice
    Guacamole

for 510 calories, 44g of Protein, 42g of Carbs, and 21g of fat. Sprinkle on some FF cheese or FF Sour Cream at home if you have it.
  • peggysue218
    peggysue218 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked anything as much as most people like meat (ew).
  • runningwild00
    Options
    Not to be a complete dummy, but I was trying to find the comments that I thought were a little attitudey and they are now MIA! So I just look like a dumb dumb!!!

I like discussion, definitely. I just felt like comments were getting a bit wacky for the topic. But I failed since my evidence is now missing. Maybe they were removed? SORRY

Everyone, I am NOT advocating cutting the meat and REPLACING with beans. I am saying, get beans anyway (like most people do) and skip the meat.....

So you're saying skip the meat.....by not putting in meat....and putting it beans INSTEAD of meat.....but you're not saying cut the meat and replace it with beans?

(I don't have a gif for this. I must find one.)

Outside of a poster's perplexing choice of words concerning replacing/skipping meat/beans, there haven't been any attitudes. Care say you wish that people would not have anything to add to the discussion?
  • sarahahum
    sarahahum Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Exactly. I don't understand why people are criticizing me for sharing something that tastes really good just because they like their way better. I even got a really nasty private message from someone! I always felt like MFP message boards were full of really nice people but people are actually being really rude to me for some reason this time around.

To clarify again my issue with meat: I don't care if you eat meat. I eat meat. Just not at Chipotle. I do not find it that enjoyable. I am not saying it is more or less healthy than anything else. I am just saying that if I had to choose between meat or rice to provide my calories, I would go with rice any day because it is delicious. If you find meat more delicious, good for you. I just don't. That doesn't make me a terrible person who doesn't understand nutrition.

To clarify to all of these people who don't understand what I'm talking about concerning beans and meat. Because apparently it's really hard to understand:
    Most people, based on what everyone in front of me in line gets, get both beans and meat when they go to Chipotle, regardless of burrito, bowl, salad, or tacos. If people who usually get both decide to skip the meat but still get the beans, this saves anywhere from 170-190 calories and 6.5-8 grams of fat. If you can manage it within yourself to try a bowl with just beans instead of both beans and meat, it does significantly alter the calories for that meal.
    Both beans and meat are sources of protein. My point that beans provide protein does not mean they provide more than meat or more than beans AND meat. It just is saying that if you give up the meat, you aren't going to completely miss out on protein in that meal, which is what some people worry about, which is why I mentioned the protein aspect to begin with.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You still talkin bout beans and meat? Can we get to the real issue?

How did you get a nasty pm over this? I have thousands of posts, most of which are mean, but I've only gotten two nasty PMs since I've been on the site. What's a brother got to do to get cursed out around this piece?
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    We get this all the time...but no way I am skipping the meat...the carnitas is delish and very lean and healthy. Love Chipotle for the bowls!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options

Exactly. I don't understand why people are criticizing me for sharing something that tastes really good just because they like their way better. I even got a really nasty private message from someone! I always felt like MFP message boards were full of really nice people but people are actually being really rude to me for some reason this time around.

To clarify again my issue with meat: I don't care if you eat meat. I eat meat. Just not at Chipotle. I do not find it that enjoyable. I am not saying it is more or less healthy than anything else. I am just saying that if I had to choose between meat or rice to provide my calories, I would go with rice any day because it is delicious. If you find meat more delicious, good for you. I just don't. That doesn't make me a terrible person who doesn't understand nutrition.

To clarify to all of these people who don't understand what I'm talking about concerning beans and meat. Because apparently it's really hard to understand:
    Most people, based on what everyone in front of me in line gets, get both beans and meat when they go to Chipotle, regardless of burrito, bowl, salad, or tacos. If people who usually get both decide to skip the meat but still get the beans, this saves anywhere from 170-190 calories and 6.5-8 grams of fat. If you can manage it within yourself to try a bowl with just beans instead of both beans and meat, it does significantly alter the calories for that meal.
    Both beans and meat are sources of protein. My point that beans provide protein does not mean they provide more than meat or more than beans AND meat. It just is saying that if you give up the meat, you aren't going to completely miss out on protein in that meal, which is what some people worry about, which is why I mentioned the protein aspect to begin with.

You know I never cared much for the meat at chipolte when I did eat meat or at freebirds. To me, meat just tastes weird in those burritos. It's better without.
  • sarahahum
    sarahahum Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    How did you get a nasty pm over this? I have thousands of posts, most of which are mean, but I've only gotten two nasty PMs since I've been on the site. What's a brother got to do to get cursed out around this piece?

I have no idea! I certainly didn't think it warranted it. It was a bizarre experience, to say the least. It was my first one and hopefully it doesn't become a regular occurrence.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I have no idea! I certainly didn't think it warranted it. It was a bizarre experience, to say the least. It was my first one and hopefully it doesn't become a regular occurrence.

I agree that it was unwarranted. Your post was an easy target to poke a little fun at but no reason for people to actually be mean to you. Ah well, there's thousands of people on here and hundreds of people posting. Bound to be a few that take it too far. Ignore them and enjoy the site. There's both knowledge and fun to be had here.

Welcome to the MFP forums.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    i'd skip the cheese and def add chicken! maybe a little beans...
  • freebird777
    Options
    Since I've joined MFP I've been feeling like a tiny little "meat only compliments my diet occasionally" fish swimming in a sea filled with meat obsessed ultra carnivores. I'm scared. Please don't eat me. Eat some kale and quinoa instead.

I eat kale, quinoa, and meat. I don't discriminate against tasty things.

Oh, and am I the only one that prefers barbacoa over the chicken and steak?

My preference would be steak > carnitas > barbacoa > chicken > vegetarians > cats > meatless.

Fixed

LOL that's good. I'm not a vegetarian though, just trying to have some fun with you meatheads out there.
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle! I get a burrito bowl with chicken, guacamole, lettuce, and mild salsa. Low cal & carb and high protein.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    skip beans, get triple meat
    Way more protein and deliciousness

Oh hell yeah! I agree with this dude!!!:bigsmile: Oh and some avocado!