Anxiety and Eating Support Please

2»

Replies

• carrie_strength
    carrie_strength Posts: 19 Member
    I learned a great breathing technique that helps calm you down. Breathe in through your nose for the count of four - expand your belly, not your chest. Hold the breath for a count of seven, then breathe out for a count of eight, while your tongue is behind your top front teeth and your lips are pursed. Repeat it for four times and there should be a good difference. It's good to do a couple of times a day as an exercise. I taught it to my neighbor who has bad test taking anxiety and she got a 98, after failing the previous test. I usually do that breathing technique on my way to work when it's a night I'm in charge.

Thank you for the advice. I am so happy your advice was successful for your neighbor. I do the 7-11 breathing with my stomach. Seven counts in and eleven counts out. I never heard of changing my tongue placement. I will try it. You are so sweet to post!
  • GLR87
    GLR87 Posts: 17 Member
    I have to exercise almost everyday just to be able to sleep as my anxiety has grown intensely over the last few months. I have recently been using ASMR meditation to help relax and calm me down. If all else fails chug water instead of gorging to release the pain. Peace & love.
  • carrie_strength
    carrie_strength Posts: 19 Member
    I have to exercise almost everyday just to be able to sleep as my anxiety has grown intensely over the last few months. I have recently been using ASMR meditation to help relax and calm me down. If all else fails chug water instead of gorging to release the pain. Peace & love.
    Thank you for your post. I do have to remind myself to drink more water.