Canadians Please!!!!!!! (I'm from Calgary)

Options
Nidda_C
Nidda_C Posts: 81 Member
Hi, I live in Calgary.......and was wondering where are some good places in Calgary or Canada where I can buy obese people clothing for myself?

I am especially looking for knee length spring or summer coats/sweaters, if you know where I can get them.

Thanks ~

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I'm from T'ranna...

Do you have Laura Plus, Additionelle Plus, Penningtons 16+, etc in AB?
  • Einstein007
    Einstein007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I love shopping at Laura's, however, they are really expensive. Now with that being said, they do have a discount store in Deerfoot Mall. Laura's Discount I do believe it is called (or just Laura's). You can buy things there way cheap!!! It is stuff that they have not sold from last year,from their other stores, so they send things that were not sold from the previous year to this store and discount it. Absolutely nothing wrong with the clothing, it is still brand new, and I was so surprised at the prices. Keep in mind, some things are a bit more expensive, but if you stick to the racks, it is generally way cheaper. It is where I will go from now on for buying my clothes. It is sad that some stores have to charge you an arm and a leg, just because we are of a plus size. Anyways, good luck and let me know how you make out.! :-)
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Calgary-Area as well, my wife spends most of her time at Pennington's. They often have sales there where things are 20-30% off, everything in the store...

She and my daughter both shop there - though my daughter has lost 25lbs in the past two months since she started training with me and won't need a plus size too many months more... go girl, go!

Edit: Just looked at your profile and you should definitely meet my daughter... she's close to your age and has an amazing amount in common with you!
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    cotton jenny
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    and sears
  • icandoanything2012
    icandoanything2012 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Depending on how large you are looking for, some Reitman's carry plus sized clothes. Winners is also an option.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I'm in Calgary.. anyone can add me :)

Reitmans, Addition Elle, Rickis (goes up to 18), Old Navy, Penningtons

Hope that helps :)
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My sister is very plus sized . . . and she loves Penningtons. Reitmans is her second choice. She is much better dressed than me, and she's 5'6" tall and 260lbs. I'm stuck shopping at Long Tall Sally or Lamles.

I'm another Calgarian. :)
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love shopping at Laura's, however, they are really expensive. Now with that being said, they do have a discount store in Deerfoot Mall. Laura's Discount I do believe it is called (or just Laura's).

I live very close to that mall, and there are some great bargains to be found in that Laura's. Sometimes they even have buy one get one free sales. Around Christmas I got four gorgeous tops for what one of them would have cost me the previous season.
  • alikatu
    alikatu Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Addition Elle...their sales racks always have things between $5 and $20. I am shocked sometimes at the deals I find. Also, the sales rack for bras...$10-$20 each instead of $50.

I think it depends which AE you go to, because they sell what best sells to their local demographic. The one at 130th avenue has lots of young people who shop there, so they have a lot of MXM cool clothing.

There's also a Penningtons down the block from AE, so it's good on time!!!

S.
  • DebsDav
    DebsDav Posts: 16
    Options
    Penningtons or sears are great places to shop