Drinks in your food diary?

Options
2»

Replies

• xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Do people log supplements?? I notice that the calcium chews and other supplements have calories.

I do sometimes, but usually because my iron and calcium can be low, so I logged them to check on the macros rather than the calories
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I log coffee or juice, but I don't log water.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    70 cals for one cup of coffee is awfully high... I couldn't use that many calories on a drink! That's a decent amount of veg or some grapes!
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    I don't bother logging water as I usually drink more than the 8 cups a day, but I log everything else, including black coffee because it makes me feel good to see items with zero calories in my diary!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    70 cals for one cup of coffee is awfully high... I couldn't use that many calories on a drink! That's a decent amount of veg or some grapes!

my morning latte is 100 cal. It's just because of the milk, and milks a good choice :)
  • JaneStanley8
    JaneStanley8 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    :sad: Oh well. I just can't give up those coffees (with semi skimmed milk - no sugar), so I guess I'm going to have to keep adding them. Thanks for all the replies though. :drinker:
    That's ok! Nothing wrong with milk:)

Exactly! I don't see much milk or calcium based products on these other diaries... I have arthritis and want to look after my bones (well that's my excuse anyway!)
  • JaneStanley8
    JaneStanley8 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

What do you have instead that provides the calcium you need?
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I generally don't bother recording coffees because I try and create a large calorie deficit through burning heaps of calories during the day and logging a few coffees is just a waste of time.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I generally only drink water but when I have something else, I log it. Supplements...I haven'r been logging them but guess I should be.
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    drinks should be definitely added, since most contain enormous amounts of sugar and we all know about what sugar does!!

I noticed that too!

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options

What do you have instead that provides the calcium you need?

Oh, don't get me wrong I'm not criticising you for your milk intake... I just personally couldn't do it... I need the food. And yes, I probably don't get the calcium I need... I do try with a lot of cheese though :devil: