Same workout - fewer calories burned?

Options
I just finished my 4th day of the 30 Day Shred and my calories burned is getting lower each day!
Day 1 - 237
Day 2 - 213
Day 3 - 210
Day 4 - 189

I feel like I'm working hard (lots of panting and sweating!) and I don't think I'm ready to move to the next level yet (haven't mastered all of the moves).
This might be a stupid question, but does it matter if I started using a fan? Could the fact that I'm not as hot make my HR lower?

Replies

• MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    you cant expect to burn the same amount each time you do a workout, especially if it's relatively the same workout. Your body will adjust and this is the reason we need to increase our exercise as we get in better shape.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    No the fan will not affect it. As you do the same exercises your body gets used to the movements and can do them more efficiently, (uses less calories to do the same thing) which is why many programs change up the workouts every 3-6 weeks and usually only do the same workout once or twice per week before switching routines.
  • mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    Options
    If your calorie expenditure gets lower its because you are becoming fitter and your body is getting used to the workout. You need to intensify your workout a bit and you'll see a raise again.