First Post! How do you make friends (on MFP)?

Options
samgolod
samgolod Posts: 93 Member
I've logged on for 80 days and I've been reading the forums but I've never dared write a post...too English and embarassed I think! MFP has been great for me, I've lost 25 lbs since November and now I think I want to go further, how do you make friends? I'm 44 and I eat 1800 ish a day. I run 3-4 times a week, I go to the gym once a week and try and do yoga once as well. I'm really pleased with my weight loss and how much fitter I've got (I know it's really obvious but I never realised that the lighter you go the faster you can run) but I've still got a really big bum and I want to get rid of it!

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Usually people upload naked pictures of themselves onto the forums and wait for the requests.
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Congrats on your success thus far. :)

Making friends is as easy as asking for them and you just did that. It was nice to see you write a bit about yourself so we 'know' where you're at in your journey. Definitely feel free to add me.

I'm a 35 yr old stay at home mom/wife. I have lost 24lbs and 30 inches since December. I am nearly 1/2 way to my goal which I'm thinking will be around 125 but what I'm really pushing for is 15-20% body fat as my MAIN goal.

I run 4x a week, resistance train 3x, yoga 2x and sometimes throw a spin class in there. When we get above freezing consistently here in balmy MN I'll start road biking as well. I am NOT a natural athelete but I love the way moving my body makes me feel - full of energy and mentally and emotionally clear.

Hope to see you on my feed. :)
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    google hot chicks on the image search, upload as your profile and they will flock to you....

it worked for me
  • 1Mrsmcdilbert
    1Mrsmcdilbert Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for 60 days, but like you just started making friends. :) I sent you a friend request.
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I've logged on for 80 days and I've been reading the forums but I've never dared write a post...too English and embarassed I think! MFP has been great for me, I've lost 25 lbs since November and now I think I want to go further, how do you make friends? I'm 44 and I eat 1800 ish a day. I run 3-4 times a week, I go to the gym once a week and try and do yoga once as well. I'm really pleased with my weight loss and how much fitter I've got (I know it's really obvious but I never realised that the lighter you go the faster you can run) but I've still got a really big bum and I want to get rid of it!
    Please feel free to add me. I do Zumba at the gym,4 times a week also from home, I also do walking CD's. I have lost 109lbs and have 65-70more to go. I encourge my friends because of 1) all the encourgement i got when I first started amd 2)it just comes second nature to me.
    Would to be your friend, Terri
  • Rebecca101287
    Options
    I'm new here too and was wondering the same thing... I need some motivation from others!! I need to lose about 17lbs, so feel free to add me anyone!!
  • sarahmgosborne
    Options
    Feel free to add me to.
    I have been here sine January, and could do with some friends and support!!
    I have lost 24lb so far. Hoping to lose the same again!!
  • samgolod
    samgolod Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much guys for all the requests - one of the things I really like about MFP is how kind and supportive people are and what amazing results people get!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Usually people upload naked pictures of themselves onto the forums and wait for the requests.

this is what worked for me
  • angelaohanlon5
    angelaohanlon5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too was wondering how to make friends as new on here, feel free to add me :smile:
  • ajenquin11
    Options
    So glad I'm not the only one having trouble finding friends. Add me!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

Did I miss it when you did this?? :blushing:
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much guys for all the requests - one of the things I really like about MFP is how kind and supportive people are and what amazing results people get!

Heh. Just wait.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    The best method actually doesn't require posting. The best way is too lurk around the forums and learn from other folks. See who the more knowledgeable folks are. See who show PEER-REVIEWED (not cosmopolitan or other magazine backed) reseach to back their claims. Try to add them. While these folks might not be the most interactive as far as commenting to your statuses goes, they will help you if you whisper them with questions and will regularly post good info that you can learn from. That is how you build a good, solid foundation imho
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Run around nekkid and holler.
  • dczebiniak
    dczebiniak Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ask and you shall receive!! You can friend me if you would like. :happy:
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options

Internet friends here I come!
  • rlouise100
    Options
    New to MFP would love new friends to share stories and motivation with. Feel free to add me ????
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    There is also an adoption program.

And what Taunto said is good.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Struthers.gif
    for just 7 cents a day, you too can sponsor a newb \m/