Buying Insanity for $85--too much?

Options
I found a seller on craigslist that will sell it new, still in packaging, for $85. All the DVDs and diet guide, everything. It's usually like $110 I think. I'd be willing to buy it used obviously, and even without the diet guide probably since I'm vegetarian/sort of vegan now and it probably won't help me too much in that sense.

Just wondering if this is a good deal or if I should try to find one used for less?

Replies

• waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    It is usually $144 + tax. That's how much it costs on amazon.com (sold by beachbody) and the beachbody.com site. But if it is new in the package, make sure it's an authentic copy. You can buy them off ebay.com for around $70, but they are illegal copies from Hong Kong and China.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Be careful, I bought my P90X off a dude on FaceBook and he never included any of the books so I had to download the training blocks and stuff off of the internet. It was supposed to be new-in-box with everything and wasn't. Grrr!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I found a seller on craigslist that will sell it new, still in packaging, for $85. All the DVDs and diet guide, everything. It's usually like $110 I think. I'd be willing to buy it used obviously, and even without the diet guide probably since I'm vegetarian/sort of vegan now and it probably won't help me too much in that sense.

Just wondering if this is a good deal or if I should try to find one used for less?
    Might do better to purchase one from a real beach body coach on MFP and then you'll have a great coach as well. There are a number of Beach Body folks on here, many have been on MFP for years so they're very much about healthy and fitness for life:wink:

Oh I should probably mention, I'm NOT a beachbody coach and am simply suggesting that so you get a good deal and not get something from the net that might not be a good deal at all.

If you buy from the beachbody site itself that would probably be very legit as well.

Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    I've emailed a few times with the lady selling the set and her story is that she's a trainer (we'd be meeting at a Gold's Gym for the swap) and a friend gave her the set as a present after she'd already gotten it. And she doesn't want to sell it to her clients because she doesn't want to endorse anything. I wish I could bring a portable DVD player or something with me though to make sure before I hand over the money haha
  • agrasty2002
    agrasty2002 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I just came across another guy who had the similar issue he saw them advertised on craigslist for cheap. I'm going to tell you the same thing I told him...buyer beware. Yes, they are new in box but somehow people are duplicating them...including the meal plans and charts and all. Trust me. It happened to me and several coworkers and friends. My dad's wife bought insanity for me from somewhere else other than beachbody. It was shipped directly to me and had all of the supplemental materials. It was "new in box". However, I didn't know that she didn't get it from beachbody. Later I discovered that about 4 of the dvds that it came with didn't work. All of the dvds that had 2 different programs on the discs didn't work and some of my bonus discs didn't work. Either it skips past the entire workout or it plays and seems like it is warped or something and then skips the workout. Some just don't play at all. So you get what you pay for. I have other people that I know that have bought either Insanity or P90X from craigslist and ebay and have had the same thing happen. So you get what you pay for is what I'm advising people.

So, I would say that if you want to get the product for about $89 direct from the company and it is the real deal and they can offer you support if you have issues, then become a coach because you get 25% off. That's what I did (plus I had lost so much weight doing it, I wanted to share with others). I just don't want people to make the same mistake I (well my dad's mother did - I tried to call beachbody to get support for the dvds working and they couldn't find the order. They said that we must have gotten a knock off somewhere and I thought how can that be if it was new in box?- but they were right)...so now, I get my products at a substantial discount and I have no more problems. Just thought I'd share these experiences with everyone.

Amisha
    www.amishagrasty.com
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Ask them for a copy of the receipt.

There's no issue with selling things used on eBay or CL, just as long as there's proof they're legit copies. Unfortunately BB likes to put the kibbosh on people selling used copies in some way or another. I sold my genuine Insanity set on eBay (used) and first had my auction shut down by BB (monopoly, anyone?) and only had it reinstated by providing copies of invoices and my ID.
  • agrasty2002
    agrasty2002 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with HealthyChoices2. I am a coach and saying it up front, but I am not being biased because of it. My goal isn't really to make much money, my goal is to help people get fit as I do the same and to help people avoid the same mistakes I/my dad's wife made with their purchases. I wanted a discount and being a coach was the best way to do it. I honestly have had these horrible experiences and friends have done the same with purchases of Insanity and P90X. I am new to MFP (i've been on SP for a while but I'm new to this site). If anyone needs more information please feel free to contact me.

Amisha
    www.amishagrasty.com
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,715 Member
    Options

You can buy it for $119.95 from Beachbody and be confident you're getting everything, including a money-back guarantee:
    http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/Insanity?referringRepId=8062