Quick Question !

Options
If i stick to the calorie allowance and exercise as I have been doing will I reach my target goal eventually?

Or are there other things that will hinder this such as body composition, genes etc..

Here's me..

20130318_103006_zpsfb52b100.jpg

I want to lose fat all over and have been doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred .. I'm 7 days in and decided to do it for 45 days not 30.. I also jog a couple times a week and play Wii biggest loser... Will I ever reach my goal. Been on MFP since November 2012

Im 5'7 and weigh 11st6lbs / 73kg / 160lbs

My goal weight is 10 stone 7

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    If i stick to the calorie allowance and exercise as I have been doing will I reach my target goal eventually?

Yes.
  • babychris1
    babychris1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    schweeet
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You look pretty lean to me so I think at this point, you may want to take a break from thinking about actual weight loss and concentrate more on body composition.

Along with the advice to start doing more dedicated strength training, I'd advise you to up your calorie intake. You will not gain muscle on a calorie deficit. Try eating at maintenance for at least a month, maybe even two or three, and see how things pan out.

Another approach is to try this method:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Agreed
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My guess is your running around 15% BF by looking at your photo. If it were me, I would hit the weights "heavy" 3 times a week. Cardio 3 times a week. A great starter program is Strong Lifts 5x5. You can find it on you tube. In 3 weeks you'll start to notice considerable difference in you body composition. Run the SL 5x5 for 8 - 12 weeks Not sure what your calorie allowance is but, I would keep it at a 0.5 lb/wk deficit until you reach your goal BF%. Lifting will help maintain lean muscle while dropping BF%. Then when you hit your goal... clean bulk at +100 to + 200 calories above allowance for a 10 lb gain and a cut back to 12%BF.

Just my opinion, there's a thousand different ways to do it. Good Luck reaching your goals.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Looks like you need to start lifting some heavy *kitten* weights. Get yourself on a proven lifting program and build up some more lean muscle. That will take you a long way.

Also, drop the phrase "tone up"

this. i dont know why you think you need to lose weight?
  • babychris1
    Options
    Looks like you need to start lifting some heavy *kitten* weights. Get yourself on a proven lifting program and build up some more lean muscle. That will take you a long way.

because i think I'm still fat and should lose more fat before weights, but will start weights then I guess.
  • syntaxxor
    syntaxxor Posts: 86
    Options

because i think I'm still fat and should lose more fat before weights, but will start weights then I guess.

Lifting weights will burn the fat you want to burn man. You don't need to lose weight, you need to burn fat.

Find a good lifting program, stick to your calories; and you'll see the results you want.
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Lift
  • babychris1
    Options

Lifting weights will burn the fat you want to burn man. You don't need to lose weight, you need to burn fat.

Find a good lifting program, stick to your calories; and you'll see the results you want.

Legend bro, thanks for the advice. Seems lifting is the only way for me now!