Quick fix weight loss remedies

I have tried all of the quick fix pills, even the ones advertised on DR Oz. They don't work, I don't know why i keep trying.
Just to let you know...Dr OZ is not saying that those products work. He has to have enough content to fill the show, so he brings on the people who advertise products, kind of like QVC. They tell you that the product works.
I have tried the Acai berry pills- green coffe bean pills- iodine pills- and every other one. These pills are supposed to be taken before each meal so the contents of your food can be broken down and removed before your body can absorb it. OH WE BLOCK THE FAT BEFORE IT GETS TO YOU!!!! What a load of crap. Just lettin you know... Save your money. You are gonna have to do things the hard way.

Replies

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member

I have tried the Acai berry pills- green coffe bean pills- iodine pills- and every other one. These pills are supposed to be taken before each meal so the contents of your food can be broken down and removed before your body can absorb it.

picard-ascii-facepalm-5612.jpg
  • sarahwilson12
    sarahwilson12 Posts: 70 Member
    I haven't personally tried any quick fix thing... but I've definitely been tempted, especially with the acai berry stuff!

But, it's so true... the hard way is the best way. As my dad always says, "delayed gratification"! :smile:
    I think we're in a society that is so used to the fast food mentality, that we forget what it actually means to have to work hard on something that takes a lot of time. Admittedly, I'm definitely getting impatient with this whole MFP thing 'cause it's not working as fast as I want :laugh:

However, I know it'll be completely worth it in the long run!
  • hippikris
    hippikris Posts: 32 Member
    I dream of the quick Fix, But after years of trying to find it, and believe me I have tried it all. I realized it does not work that way. A good friend of mine told me recently. " it took time to get to the size you are now, it will take time to lose that weight. I know plenty of people who have had surgery, or treatments. almost all of them have gained the weight back or had other issues as a result.

The point there is no quick fix. it is a lifestyle change. it took me almost 37 years to realize this and to make the change. I am optimistic about it finally.
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    ...except that there is no need to do it 'the hard way'. Just eat less and move more.

Yes, it will take longer, but should not be so hard that it is unsustainable.
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    If there was a quick fix pill, then everyone would be taking it and staying skinny with no effort.

Weight loss pills are "recommended" with exercise and diet, which makes you question if they work at all, ha.
  • Copaiba
    Copaiba Posts: 75 Member
    thanks for letting us know. We've all been tempted.
  • I too have tried all the Dr Oz and other fixes I have seen on T.V. My doctor has me on Qsymia now. Look it up. I also have been boxing since Nov. and I now have a weight loss of 35 lbs since November 19.