Too much sugar

Options
LMM217
LMM217 Posts: 10 Member
I've only been tracking my food for a few days, but I go over on my sugar every day. I already have 0 left for the day after breakfast this morning. I eat flavored instant oatmeal, but maybe I should start using original oatmeal? I had two packs instead of one this morning because I haven't been meeting my calories in the past couple of days. Also, I love fruit, which makes me go over on sugar a lot as well. I've heard that you should limit fruit to twice a day, but even then I'll be going over on sugar. What should I do??

Replies

• boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You need to open your diary if you want people to be able to make useful suggestions. You can close it again once you've got some feedback.
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    I've only been tracking my food for a few days, but I go over on my sugar every day. I already have 0 left for the day after breakfast this morning. I eat flavored instant oatmeal, but maybe I should start using original oatmeal? I had two packs instead of one this morning because I haven't been meeting my calories in the past couple of days. Also, I love fruit, which makes me go over on sugar a lot as well. I've heard that you should limit fruit to twice a day, but even then I'll be going over on sugar. What should I do??

Yep, instant oatmeal is pretty damn unhealthy, espicially flavoured, its packed with sugar and chemicals. Try rolled oats, skimmed or semi skimmed milk and a handful of fruits or a swirl of natural honey. It tastes nicer and less processed-y, plus has way less bad sugar! Choose fruit with less sugar for snacks, and top up on veggies instead for your (at least) 5 a day.