My success: A story in pink

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
OK, I was trying on a new coat (trying to decide between two I bought) and had my daughter snap a photo. When I looked back through all my photos I've taken, I found series of pink pictures that I thought were really telling! And as things go slow as molasses these days, and it becomes harder, I need things like this to remind me how far I've come.

This series of pictures are before, after just short of one year, and after just short of two years.

i-rCHSqjs-S.jpgi-kvmC7Q8-S.jpgi-FCvnhqX-S.jpg

Replies

• SwampWitch75
    SwampWitch75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Pink is a good color on you.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    You look amazing in both new coats! :drinker: as always, awesome job-remember things like this when it gets tough-as you know, it really helps
  • khemory
    khemory Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats, it is great to see yourself in pictures before and after. I recently stumbled across some and I was so happy!
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Nice! I have that same coat as the one in the middle, but it didn't look as good on me as it does on you. And that last one is adorable!
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, thats amazing! Looking good mama! The people in this success stories, like yourself, are the kind of people that make me realize I can do this, it just takes dedication, hard work, support and motivation. thank you.
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Pretty in pink! You look fabulous! What kind of changes did you make?
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Pretty in pink! You look fabulous! What kind of changes did you make?

Eat Less and Move more. When I started, I only dieted, using MFP numbers (I think I started with around 1460 calories).

After about 5 months, I had lost 30 lbs. and started exercising (walking). I did that for another 5 months. Then I started running with Couch to 5K. I've been running for the last year and have lost 80 lbs total. I follow MFP guidelines for my calories, aiming to lose 1 lb. per week. I always eat back all my exercise calories (which are measured with an HRM so as accurate as they can be). I aim to net 1200 per day (which has me eating between 1550 and 2500 on workout days). I usually don't hit that though, and net closer to 1300 or 1350 each day. The last couple of months have been painfully slow, but my eating has been poor, so it's not unexpected.

In the last 22 months, I have gone from a size 18W/20W to a size 8/10 (my top is always bigger). I hope to get to a 6/8 and lose another 20ish pounds. I run, walk, bike, do yoga, a body sculpting class, and just started with a personal trainer once a week. In the winter, I work out 4 to 5 times a week but once the weather is nicer, that will be 5 to 6 times a week.
  • Letters24You
    Letters24You Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Love the pink trend! Get it girl!
  • Tsmartin07
    Options
    ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS 'GURL YOU LOOK GOOD!' and yes, I have to yell it in all caps because Im not there to give you a high five and a hug :)
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    fantastic work!
  • charovnitza
    charovnitza Posts: 689
    Options
    You look FABULOUS! Fantastic change.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic, way to go!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, and that coat is gorgeous, I love it!! :happy: Congrats!!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Awesome success!!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, and love the Sherlock Holmes reference! (that was a Sherlock reference... right?)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, pictures are such a great motivator not ony for you but for the rest of us that are still struggling thanks for posting them, :happy: :happy:
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Great work, you look beautiful :)
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    cuteee! i love the pink theme :flowerforyou:
    you look absolutly incredible. what an amazing transformation. you go girl!!
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    awesome. you are awesome.
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    AMAZING job! Absolutely amazing! You look very pretty in pink :) So happy for you and your transformation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!