stress?

Options
I have 3 very active little boys and every time they start to fight, scream, or whine (which is almost constantly) I run right to the fridge or pantry. Any tips on how to avoid this?

Replies

• ShaeLovelyy
    Options
    Just gotta have that awesome self control! Realize that they are ALWAYS going to fight and play with eachother and such and you cant give your urges control over you! Everyone has their reasons for running to the kitchen and such but part of being on this site and losing weight is controlling that! Im not sure what to tell you to substitue the pantry for because you cant just leave your kids and go for a run when they stress you out haha which is what i'd normally recommend. So i can only recommend that you fight it! Remember that the reason your losing weight and getting healthy is FOR your kids! They may drive you crazy but you wanna be here in the long run for them! think of that!
  • gopo101
    gopo101 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This might take some time to get used to...but maybe change the habit by force? Every time you feel stressed out, maybe hop online for a few minutes and read some "success stories" or motivational stories that inspire you.

I guess another practice approach is to stock your kitchen with extremely healthy snacks (or fruits and raw veggies that are quick & easy to eat) so you munch on that instead. For example, we have "lil cuties clementines" that we keep at the entrance to our kitchen so if we're starving and want to snack, we grab one or two!