Calling all Artists - lets see your work

124»

Replies

• zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    I have a request. Does anyone draw dragons? I've looked through thousands of images and can't find quite what I want. I'm trying to figure out a tattoo. I want two dragons, intertwined, going up my back. I want the style to be more simplified than traditional Asian dragon drawings, but not quite tribal either. I have the character for dragon on my back in a style that looks like it was written with a brush. That's the style I'm going for. And I'm trying to find something that evokes love and tenderness in addition to the dragons' strength and power. Any ideas?
    im a tattoo artist. i might be able to help.
    Where are you? I'm in GA. My husband is a designer and photographer so he can make modifications to some designs but I'm having a hard time finding a good base design to start with. I've found countless images of very ornate tattoos that would look like a giant mess from any distance. I want someone to be a few feet away and still be able to tell what it is. I like simplicity and clean lines in just about everything in my life (clothes, furniture, even my dogs).
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    I get ALL my inspiration from MFP. For example...

him_zpsa81df20b.jpg
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    I said I'd be back eventually when I was on my laptop to share my art, it only took what.... three days? Overnights :grumble:
    One of my sketches "in progress"
    168520_10150112744605932_1703749_n.jpg

Completed drawing (Character study for "Aileara" a assassin in my some-day-going-to-happen graphic comic)
    311931_10150346542595932_4031220_n.jpg

And here is a fan art drawing I did with pencil, and then colored with photoshop
    76842_10150094327470932_1720740_n.jpg

And then an example of my photography
    181524_10150136042875932_859417_n.jpg

I like all of the art, but there's so much here I will have to address the individual at this point to really say what I like. However ghhost definitely has a pic that stands out. Very different, I like it.
  • ghhosstt
    ghhosstt Posts: 112
    However ghhost definitely has a pic that stands out. Very different, I like it.

thank you, I love your work too. I really like drawing the female form and you are really good at it from what I can tell. :)
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    97989939-a8c3-4275-8c52-abe13251bca2_zpse8a19c94.jpg

My most recent painting~ I sketch more than I paint though.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    bump for posting artwork later :D
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    @ghhost I can draw ladies well, men? Eh, not so well. But sometimes they come out ok. I definitely prefer drawing the ladies ^_^

@sissiluv lovely work, I like your use of colors. the face reminds me of the Greek statues a little.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    I wish I could draw!! I do photography though. Here are pictures i have taken of each of my kids...

aaaaaIMG_0114-Edit.jpg

aaaaaIMG_2680.jpg

aaaaaRedScarf-2acropbw.jpg
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Not an artist myself, but am engaged to one. Here's his site.

http://www.thatphantompeanut.tumblr.com/