diet is 90%?

Options
so I've heard this - and it make sense - you need to eat very clean as a key to weight loss. stepping back a sec.... while some could do it through diet alone, and actually, since it really breaks down cals-in vs cals-out, you could do it through exercise alone, each method has its drawbacks. Ultimately I realize its a very personal choice one needs to make after doing alot of research, and some trial-and error, but I think most here would agree that you should do both - exercise and eat under your maintenance.

Now that being said, do you think two people would lose the same amount of fat, where, if they were otherwise identical, one adds alot more exercise and the other adds alot more diet in proportion to the overall caloric breakdown.

So for example, if one person lightly exercises but the other does Insanity, one would think that the person doing Insanity and heavy weights would clean up, but is that necessarily so? I know there's something to be said about "stoking" the metabolism through HIIT etc (and building muscles would result in long term increases in lean body mass which will further increase the metabolism), but ultimately, if you are eating/exercising within the TDEE method (even while your body changes composition...so for example, even if you put on muscle, you are still using the same TDEE formula, but are just able to eat more), would either of these two people loser quicker than a max of 1.5-2 lbs per week? Or does it just come down to the person doing HIIT and weight lifting would lose more fat, gain muscle, while the person doing diet and light exercise would lose less fat and perhaps lose muscle as well?

Replies

• rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    bumping for love!
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    The one doing light exercise will have more consistant weight loss like 1-2 pounds a week and the one busting butt will usually lose in chunks 1 pound the first week then no loss for 2 weeks they back off the exercise thinking it is doing no good then 3 pounds lost. Over training can actually hurt weight loss the body needs time to process and recover.