fasting question

Options
perdie7
perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
I am considering tying the fasting 1 or two days a week, for a variety of reasons. The problem is that if I don't eat I get a headache, is there anything I can do to help with that?

Replies

• thisisme13
    thisisme13 Posts: 150
    Options
    With some of the fasting diets you do eat on your fasting days. I believe it's something like 500 calories to consume on your fasting days while consuming normal calories on non fasting days.

You didn't list your reasons so I'm not sure of them. However, if you find you don't function the same or suffer from headaches on your fasting days than it's not worth it. It is not a magical thing to do and won't always result in better weight loss or anything else.

If you are wanting to try fasting but do it a different way there are other versions of fasting. 16/8 or 20/4 or 12/12 etc. So you would fast for 16,20, 12, etc hours and than have a feeding window each day where you would eat. There are many here who do intermittent fasting... I believe 16/8 is most popular.
  • gnalani
    gnalani Posts: 126
    Options
    I fast for religious purposes from time to time. Don't eat a big meal in anticipation for the fast, if anything, try to eat a little less the day before. Also, drink lots of water! I know its almost cliche advice, but really try to drink a lot, even more than you normally would. We get some water from the food we eat, so drink to make up for that. It also help cut the cravings.
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I did it....really surprised. Stayed at the 500 calorie limit, and didn't get a headache, keeping myself busy in the afternoon helped alot. I did wake up with a headache this AM but breakfast will solve that.