So hungry since increasing calories

Options
Help peeps advice needed - since increasing my calories to 1100 from 700-800 a day I am super super hungry does anyone know why? X

Replies

• khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    That seems strange but still at 1100 calories per day you are eating too little for your body.
    Go back into your MFP settings and change it so you lose 1lb per week and take what that recommendation is for calories, also with this method you need to eat back your exercise calories.
    Take it from someone who sat at 1200 calories for 2 months, I hit a plateau and had to seriously up my calories and exercise to get through it. Now I am losing again eating 1400 calories per day + my exercise calories back. I just reached my goal of fitting into my "skinny" jeans this way!

Another option is work out your calories with the TDEE method, with this one you don't eat your exercise calories back.
    http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    At starvation levels, you cease to experience hunger pains as such. Your body doesn't want to distract you from finding more food.

Now that you are eating a little more, your body is letting you know that it needs a bit more yet, please.

It looks like you are at or very near your goal. Set MFP to maintain and work up to eating that amount.
  • Katiedxxxx
    Katiedxxxx Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't do much exercise as work and kids so don't get chance which is why I eat low? I have around 7lb till goal? X
  • hheiland05
    hheiland05 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think that you need to go to your settings and go by the guided information. I'm worried that you are eating TOO little. Take your time loosing that last 7 lbs. and it will stay off. Its better to be healthy than hurt your body in the long run.
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I can't see your food choices, but if your increased calories are carbs you will have spikes in insulin. Therefore, you will get hungrier. Focus on getting in more protein and healthy fats for those extra calories.
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    At starvation levels, you cease to experience hunger pains as such. Your body doesn't want to distract you from finding more food.

Now that you are eating a little more, your body is letting you know that it needs a bit more yet, please.

i have NEVER heard this - but quite interesting!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens to me. It's wacky. I can sustain a lower calorie intake better than a larger one. The more I eat, the hungrier I am.