20 minute workout-maximize the burn

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/fat-burning-workout-0

This is a workout that burns around 400 calories in about 20 minutes

I tried it today this today and it was a really good workout that you can do at home, it consists of 7 different exercises targeted to increase the rate at which calories are burned by 13% and according to a study from Colorado State University, you'll continue to burn calories at a higher rate for up to 16 hours after your workout.

Replies

• lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/fat-burning-workout-0

This is a workout that burns around 400 calories in about 20 minutes

I tried it today this today and it was a really good workout that you can do at home, it consists of 7 different exercises targeted to increase the rate at which calories are burned by 13% and according to a study from Colorado State University, you'll continue to burn calories at a higher rate for up to 16 hours after your workout.
  • heyslc
    heyslc Posts: 17 Member
    What is the workout like? Is it a combo type of workout (cardio/weights)? :smile:
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    What is the workout like? Is it a combo type of workout (cardio/weights)? :smile:

Its basically cardio but you do things like lunges and pushup but it gets your heart working quickly and it definately it tiring, so its cardio but also a very good workout for your leg muscles, mine are sore from doing it.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    I think it sounds awesome gonna try it tomorrow!

I do usually 20 mins cardio kick boxing and then 20 mins hard core abs and floor work and get my sweat on lol....if I could do that in less time that would be great as I'm usually being interupted by a certain 7 year old who thinks its hillarious when momma exercises but better if he's on her back while she's doing it...sigh! lol

thanks for the link!
    hugs,
    Ali