Hello, another Newbie!!! Glad theres somewhere to talk about

Options
Hello

I recently found this app on the iPhone apps store, can't believe how good this is for free!!!

Really good information about not just calories but protein, carbs, etc, as well!!

I lost just over a stone last year doing atkins, which I would recommend to people, but having a nutrition degree really helped me understand what to do and how to do it.

Now my aim is to get rid of that last half stone, but though exercise and healthy eating! :)

Any trip and tricks for use would be really helpful.

Thanks for reading. :-D

Replies

• sexy21
    sexy21 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi purplepumkin, i'm a newbie myself happy to have a newbie to sort of team up with interested in adapting some of the atkins principles would love your suggestions thanks.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. This is a great place to get information and support. :flowerforyou:
  • PurplePumpkin
    Options
    Hi sexy21

The best thing that I've got from atkins is that it has changed the way I view meals.
    Very carbs, lots of protein, lots of veg!!

In the evenings I try and stick to just meat and veg, especially when I'm not doing anything in the evening.
    This isn't cutting carbs out of the meal completely but just having carbs with benifits, such as sweetcorn, this is one of the 'high carb' veg but are packed with vitamins and minerals.

The other good thing is rather than avoiding carbs, avoid sugar.
    The principles of atkins is to keep you blood sugar levels level, and sugar certainly doesn't do this, but if you eat carbs such as brown pasta/rice these are slow release and can be just as effective as avoiding sugar!!

A fantastic food that we've found, which makes a easy meal is prepacked frozen veg, there available in the bigger supermarkets, and I know that birdseye do them. They come in microwavable bags that are put in the microwave for 3 mins.
    These are just as good as fresh or frozen veg, but as there's no water involved in cooking they retain more vits and mins!!!

Hope these help!

:-)