Starting Body Revolution Again?

Options
Hey everybody!

I have been stuck in a rut as of late and have been struggling to find something to kick start my motivation. I used to attend a bootcamp but couldn't afford to keep going. Now I'm having a hard time because I have no sort of consistency with my workouts. I am looking to start Body Revolution (Jillian Michael's program) this upcoming week (April 1st).

I start to get bored with DVD's after about a month but it helps when somebody else is doing the dvd, forcing me to feel obligated to do it. Just wondering if anyone else was interested in starting the program next week or is already doing it and can provide some motivational push. :)

Replies

• dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Body Revolution off Amazon. Should be here on Tues. I too, get bored with DVD's after a while, but I figure these are different workouts every few weeks so hopefully that will cure the boredom.
  • wl4good
    wl4good Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I started this Monday. Feel free to add me!
  • angieling3
    angieling3 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Are the DVDs really 30 minutes or is this a tv gimmic?
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Are the DVDs really 30 minutes or is this a tv gimmic?

Yes the DVDs are 30 minutes. I just bought them at Walmart for much cheaper than ordering off infomercial or online. The only thing you don't get is the resistance band. Considering I saved approx $45 (with shipping), I'll go buy my own resistance band and still come out ahead.

I am starting tomorrow, very excited.
  • bamboostar
    bamboostar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about incorporating Body Revolution into my routine. I am not sure if I want to commit to the precise program as I also like getting to my local gym for other classes, but I will give integrating both real gym time and BR into my routine. I'd love to cheer you on and vice versa!

Have any of you tried BR before? I am a total newbie when it comes to the system, but I do like home workouts and I have tried other Jillian Michaels' DVDs before.
  • rhonnik
    rhonnik Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just purchased BR at Walmart. I would like to join. I need a structured plan, and I'm hoping this will get me off to the right start.
  • bamboostar
    bamboostar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just did Workout 1 yesterday and had a blast. I love how quick and easy the workout is! 30 minutes just flies by. How is everyone else doing?
  • Stephyotis
    Stephyotis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started Body Revolution yesterday too! I like Jillian's videos and think this should be a really great program! I am another one who gets super bored with doing the same workouts over and over. I think with this program it won't be so bad since the workouts switch so much. I heard that you will get tired of doing the same cardio DVD, but I figure I can always get my two days of cardio in by going to the gym, running outside or doing another video (just to save my sanity). I like that the videos are only 26-33mins, but I also think on days I can swing it I will do another video or form of exercise too. It's April 2nd....gotta get crazy to see some results before summer!

How is everyone doing so far? Are you following the meal plan?

-Steph
  • brandilacey
    Options
    Haha, I just restarted BR yesterday as well :) I REALLY need some motivation to not skip days...would love a support group.
  • dani_doing_it
    dani_doing_it Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hello!

There is a group that started JMBR on April 1 - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/942856-body-revoultionaries-starting-april-1st-phase-1

It will be my second run - lost 10 lbs and a lot of inches first time I completed it before Xmas. Starts off easy but don't worry by workout 6&7 she will be kicking your butt!!

I find the boards here keep me motivated and going!

Feel free to add me :)
  • brandilacey
    Options
    I am not following the meal plan. I am mostly vegetarian, so it would be hard I think to adjust to my needs.

I have started BR many times, I think 4. I never make it past week 3 or 4 before I start something else, like running or cross training class at the gym. But I notice that every time I start, I see results, try something else, and then come back to it bc I stop seeing results. I have done several of her dvd's including the shred which gave me great results, and nothing else I have tried has been as good. So now I am committed to doing the first 30 days of BR without skipping bc I really believe in anything from her. Even my hour long cross training class at the gym wasn't as good as this 30 min. dvd as far as results go.
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I finished BR in December it is an awesome program. The DVDs are from 32-36 minutes long. It will give you the desired results if you keep at it and watch your intake. I did not follow the meal plan but my macros are set to 40c,40p,20f. Best of luck to you!
  • tonihayden
    Options
    BE VERY CAREFUL.............WEEK 5 CARDIO 2 SHREDDED MY KNEE APART. SURGERY.....SURGERY......SURGERY.....I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO DO THE THINGS I WAS DOING BEFORE......THIS PROGRAM IS NOT FOR ANYONE WITH WEAK/INJURED/BAD/ KNEES.