When were you in the best shape?

Options
When were you in the best shape of your life and why?

Mine: Highschool football. Two practices a day in the summer heat with pads on.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    now!

i eat well and exercise regularly!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Now. Most definitely.

I think my idea of a workout before was a quick walk around the park. When I first started going to the gym, even jumping jacks would get me out of breath. Now I've come to look forward to the burn!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Right before I got pregnant last June
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    I hated freaking two-a-day's. It was always horrible but yeah definitely was in the best shape during high school football.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Right now...at 40!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    If I'm basing it on relativity, it would be now because I would compare my fitness and health now to people of the same age. But if I were to base it solely on my OWN physical shape, it would be when I was 27 and competing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Now, I'm fitting into clothes I couldn't wear (size wise) when at school, so 14years in some cases.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Early 20's. I was walking a lot (just generally - to get places), and doing circuit training.

But I'm going to be in better shape than that, soon. :wink:
  • CarlaChalk78
    Options
    Now :) I was very overweight even back when I was 13 years old lol Almost in the ideal range now and got a few muscles :D
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    September 1975 when I graduated from Army Basic Training, and then the next 20 years while I was still in.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    High school
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Now.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Back in August. Thinnest I've ever been- looked great in my bikini, etc. However, I may have been in the best shape but I was overdoing the exercise. I lost my period. I've had to gain weight back to get my period back and back off the exercise a bit.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Late high school/early university. I did a lot of dancing and swimming. But ate a lot (and a lot of crap). Was skinny, but probably not very healthy overall in terms of nutrition.

Summer 2005 I was probably healthier, but definitely not as thin. I was working at a job where they had an on-site gym and I worked out every day. I was tracking my calories and eating the healthiest I'd ever eaten in my life.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Now. Sure I was thinner in high school but I couldn't run a mile without dying and didn't take care of myself.
  • FUELERDUDE
    FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I was in the best shape of my life when I was 18-19. I had a job as a fork lift operator/dock hand. When I first started, I didn't have my fork lift liscense, so I had to use hand dollies, pallet jacks, and just carrying items. I'd move 5klb pallets 500' down the dock regularly, move stack super singles (big tractor trailer tires) 7 high by hand (240lbs each), and I'd get .5-1hr of cardio due to sorting and literally running orders to trailers every work night.

One thing, though, I can run further at one time now than what I have ever been able to.
  • Windzer
    Windzer Posts: 104
    Options
    I think I was like in kindergarten, like 10 yrs old. Was a skinny *kitten* kid, then got lazy. haha
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Right now at this moment.
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    mid-20's. I actually thought I was gross because I only had a 4 pack and not a 6 pack. I used to want to be a fitness competitor. I idolized Monica Brant. If I knew how to post pics, I would include one. I long for those days and will get them back. I will appreciate it this time!
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Now.
    Haha, I am only 21, but in the past I have never been one to exercise everyday, eat healthy and continuously be getting more fit. So, now :)