Exercise ACTUAL burn

Options
Something to think about: If you already burn X number of calories per day just sitting there, don't you think you should deduct that from your exercise burn? For example: Workout = 230 calories in 30 minutes. I already burn 1 calorie per minute (30 cals in 30 mins/1400 per day), so my actual workout "burn" is only 200.

Please argue if you disagree.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I don't eat exercise calories so I really don't think it makes any difference to me.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Most people suggest eating back a fraction of the exercise calories. So, if you burned that 230, eat back only 115 for example. This helps to offset the issue you mentioned as well as the issue of caloric burn estimation.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i think one way people sabotage themselves in weight loss is by overthinking it. BMR, TDEE, HRM, etc and now this idea.

Your body is not a precise machine. Depending on how much sleep you got, how much muscle you have built up, your age, your genetics and how many steps you took each day your calories burned each day will vary and cannot be precisely predicted by any means.

its all an estimate so dont over think it.