Biotin supplements

Options
Has anyone seen good results in your hair/skin/nails from taking Biotin supplements? Losing weight seemed to contribute to the demise of my already super-thin and brittle hair. Ever since I dropped 50+ lbs, my hair falls out extremely easily and I am shedding way more than usual. I started taking 5000mg biotin pills every day about two weeks ago, and I feel like I can already see minor improvement in my hair's condition and some growth. I went crazy with bleach and hair dye in college and I think I've grown out all of that damage, and I have been taking way better care of my hair in terms of product, dye and using heat tools. I'm not expecting to wake up in a week and have hair like Rapunzel, but if people have seen results over time I will continue to invest in these supplements. Thanks!

Replies

• teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Tried biotin supplements. Saw improvement in my nails, but not my hair (which is thinning). However, I stopped taking it after about 3 months because it gave me painful acne.
  • Crazibaker
    Crazibaker Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have!! My hair is thicker and my nails are growing a lot faster. Also, I have excema - primarily cause by allergies and it seems to help keep that at bay.

Oh - and I have been taking it for about 3 months.
  • apriljackss
    apriljackss Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I noticed someone on here mentioned that it gave them acne. I started taking GNC's Hair, Skin, and Nails formula about 2.5 weeks ago and starting day 3 I had a huge painful, cystic pimple pop up on my chin. I didn't think much of it until a few days later when my entire jawline and forehead started to break out in these huge painful cysts. They hurt but they also look disgusting. I also have eczema and was hoping these would help with my skin and hair more than my nails. Has anyone tried Biotin long enough for the acne to subside? I really want to give it a real shot but if it's doing this to my face, I might have to give up and try to return the second bottle I purchased that is still unopened.