Please help me? How many calories should i eat?

Options
***Sorry for the long post***

Hello all! I'm doing insanity, and im on the second week, yet not losing weight and inches.
it seems like my eating is the problem, since im very confused about my calories.
I am also gonna do weight training 3/4 times a week along with insanity 6 days a week.
At least till i see any weight loss or inches lost and know something is working
I know it says if you truly push yourself you shouldn't be able to do any other exercise, but I really really want to lose weight

I honestly do not know my true height - it's either 5'5" or 5'6", but im 22, female, and 192 lbs.
If I use the nutrition guide for insanity's workout, it's 2404 calories a day...
Yet, I just tried to calculate how many calories to eat through this website and it says

If im 5'5" (The figures below are estimates of the number of calories you should eat every day in order to maintain your current weight or to reach your goal.
To Reach Your Goal: 1290 Maintain weight: 2290
We recommend: Low-Carb Express at the 1300 calorie level..)

And if im 5'6" (The figures below are estimates of the number of calories you should eat every day in order to maintain your current weight or to reach your goal.
To Reach Your Goal: 1295 Maintain weight: 2295
We recommend: Low-Carb Express at the 1300 calorie level..)

Many other websites i tried to see how many calories i should be eating also says i should be at 1295 •_•
im so confused /: should I be eating 2400 calories a day (according to insanity, which supposedly will just maintain my weight), or 1290-95 calories (which seems like I'd actually lose weight)

Replies

• mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I think you should slow it down. First, 1-2 weeks is way too early to expect results. You need to give yourself some time for the actions you're taking now to have an impact. Second, weight training on top of Insanity is too much. Focus on Insanity, get it done and then move on to weight training.

I know how motivating seeing movement on the scale or tape measure can be, but trust the process and let it do its thing.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about the insanity diet, but is it supposed to allow for weight loss or to maintain while on the program? Since you know your calories to maintain, I would eat at TDEE (maintenance calories) - 20%, or about 1800. Give it a try for 4-6 weeks and see what happens. If you are losing very rapidly, maybe eat a little more. If you aren't losing at all, maybe a little less. 1300 just seems VERY low for doing insanity.

(And doing this method you don't log your exercise calories or eat them back.)
  • bgraz1994
    bgraz1994 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    With the amount you are excersising I would recommend no less than 1,800 Calories. Its all about the source and the quality of those calories. Make sure to get a protien with every meal, eat lots of greens, and stay away from added sugar. You may want to make your diary public so we can see what you are doing now in regards to nutrition.

Example Meal plan
    Breakfast:
    -Oatmeal (not the prepackaged!)
    -1 apple diced
    -Cinnamon

Morning Snack:
    -1/2 plain greek yogurt
    -1/2 cup mixed berries (fresh or frozen)

Lunch:
    -Small whole wheat pita
    -1/2 raw spinach
    -Diced chicken breast (roasted or grilled)
    -Brie cheese (use lightly!)

Snack:
    -1 boiled egg
    -8 baby carrots
    -8 celery slices

Dinner:
    -Salad (romaine, spinach, raw shredded carrots, diced red onions, edamame, bean sprouts, corn, balsamic vinagrette)
    -1 serving salmon

Dessert/Snack:
    -Banana "icecream" (freeze and blend banana)
    -10 raspberries
    -dark chocolate chips